General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Blazer Buying Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2019, 07:07 PM
2001ZR2 is on a distinguished road
Default Blazer Buying Questions

I am in the process of negotiating with couple on Facebook for a 2001 ZR2 blazer.

Their initial listing said they had the title but now it's lost. Ok, they will get a duplicate title with takes about a week in Iowa.

I told them no cash would exchanged without a title. As the truck is about 4 hours from me I asked for the VIN and picture of the RPO codes any they won't do it.

There are no underhood pics and no pictures of the frame. so I am asking for them. Also now I have to come to the where the truck is as they can't meet in public.

Am I being paranoid?

I hope they understand I will walk away if they are hiding something I find out but I have said that as it might be read as hostile or threatening.

They say it has a misfire and the exhaust pipe fell off so I get they just want it gone.

Old 04-01-2019, 07:11 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Kinda sounds shady, but maybe they're just incompetent sellers? Lol. Either way, I would never buy any vehicle I had to register/inspect without a title in hand. Lost title, fine. Lemme know when you get one, and we can talk.

And as the truck is 4 hours away from you, I would want many, detailed pics of everything before I wasted my time and gas going to look at it

The not meeting in public isn't too weird, maybe the truck isn't legal to drive? How are you planning to get it home, if it's not street legal?

Also, if I was going to meet people a their house, and they knew I had a large sum of cash, I would most likely bring a friend, and both of us carrying

Last edited by cleburne red; 04-01-2019 at 07:14 PM.
Old 04-01-2019, 07:32 PM

I have access to a trailer so I can get it home.

I think they have to sell and the guy is a bit hurt so I can understand that. What I don't what is to find a parent has the title in their name or a title loan has to be paid.

The thing is the pictures show plates and they said it runs and drives fine so I asked to meet at the courthouse so I can get a transit tag

We got 5 days so maybe they'll calm down and look at it from my perspective.

I am open to suggestions of how to make this work. I am thinking maybe a pre trip is in order without any cash on me.

Old 04-01-2019, 08:06 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Pre trip might not be bad, if you don't mind the road trip. Long drive, though.

And definitely nothing until they have the clean title in hand.

What's your plans for the Z? Nice stock daily driver? Or project weekend offroader?

Old 04-01-2019, 10:03 PM
G0LFADD1CT is an unknown quantity at this point

How much are we talking about here? Title is everything unless your just going to part it out.

Old 04-01-2019, 10:45 PM

The truck is for my son since we called it on the 88 my Dad gave him. It's a 2001 ZR2

The truck is more of pavement pounder with parts of an extreme stereo system. The radio us gone but the super custom console with 4 speakers and alligator skin is included. They have done a headlight mod and have led front turn signals. It also has the bull bar.

At this point just get it road worthy and see where he takes it. He works hard with 2 jobs and doing a delivery side hustle. What him to have a truck he's proud of and he builds.

He's missed out on few opportunities so I am helping with getting deal done

Right if it is what they say it is we are looking at about $1350.

Old 04-02-2019, 05:19 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Where at in Iowa?

I'm about 2.5-3 hours from KC, Mo...

Old 04-02-2019, 06:10 PM

They are in Waterloo Iowa. They have gone silent since I asked for pictures of engine compartment, frame and the passenger side.

This guy seems to believe as is means whatever you don't find from a Facebook post is fair game. I don't think it covers deliberate deception.

I am not going even head out without those pictures.

Wonder if the clue bus has stopped by him yet.

Last edited by 2001ZR2; 04-02-2019 at 06:36 PM.
Old 04-02-2019, 10:51 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Yeah, that's about 3 hours east of me.

Kind of a s#itty town anyways.

I'm on the lookout for a nice ZR2 Pickup. Always see Blazers in Missouri.

Old 04-04-2019, 08:35 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

They're hiding plenty, plain and simple. Walk away from it. Old Blazers are not hard to find.

Quick Reply: Blazer Buying Questions