General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Blazer feeling small

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2019, 01:17 AM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by AJBert
I have no problem with my Blazer being smaller, that is the reason I bought. Up where I live, in the national forests, they have three type of roads: forest roads, that are somewhat maintained, 4wd roads that highly recommend clearance and 4wd, and jeep roads that require high clearance, 4wd and a short wheel base and turning radius. I've offered a number of folks over the years who brag about how great their full-size 4wds are offroad to follow me on some trails. None have accepted as of yet.

I do have a 2" body lift on my ZR2 and I am currently sporting 32" BFG AT/KO2's. It may not be the best vehicle on road, but it has surprised more than a few folks offroad. Unfortunately, it has become my DD as my wife sold my "commuter" vehicle to our grandson, 2006 Monte Carlo. I now use her car, when she lets me, to drive down to the Springs when I need better mileage. Her car gets more than twice the mileage of my Blazer
Yeah, I'm feeling better again about my Blazer. I only have a 1.5" suspension lift. I did it mostly for peace-of-mind when on National Forest roads. Once I decided to keep it, I felt better about having had the transmission rebuilt, doing the LIM gaskets, the suspension lift, installing cryo-cooled front rotors and high-end pads on the front brakes, and installing an over-sized radiator for towing.

I'm hoping next year to get around to installing the rear spare tire carrier I picked up a couple summers ago. I also want to install a hidden front receiver (behind the licence plate) so that I could install a portable winch either there or on the back.