General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Blazer got hit

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 09:16 PM
Starting Member
vortec bowtie is on a distinguished road

this make it look any worse?

Attached Thumbnails Blazer got hit-messed-up.jpg  
Old 10-03-2012, 09:18 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

nope I would like to see under the truck and the whole side of the truck

Old 10-03-2012, 09:24 PM
Starting Member

Ill get some in the morning I guess. The interiors f*cked too. the seal is all messed up and water has beeen getting in when it rains. Im 90% sure its going to be totaled. Ill know forsure by friday and keep you all posted. I have an estimate from a small shop and they said $3,393.47. My insurance wants me to go to an actual chevy dealer so i gaurantee theyll charge way more. I dont see why they wouldnt total it? Its honestly pretty bad and drives way different. and tonight my door popped open and almost got ripped off, now its bungie corded.

Old 10-03-2012, 10:25 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

it really does not look that bad, does not look like it even bent the floor, a door, rocker and weather stripping and its done, rockers on lmc truck are cheap, same with door shells, you could do the rocker, and door for under 300 even with weather stripping. and get the door and rocker matched at maaco, prolly all for under 1000 (if you can put the rocker and door on yourself (3m panel bond adhesive)

Old 10-04-2012, 08:32 AM
Beginning Member
Blazer974 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by vortec bowtie
School parking lot= private damage. I guess the pics dont show how bad it is cause I just got back from the collision shop to get an estimate just to see and the guy kept saying how bad it was and he said they would most likely total it. His estimate in repair costs was close to 4 grand. I have AAA insurance and they told us to go to a chevy dealer so I would imagine thats gonna be even more expensive, so im pretty sure shes getting totaled. If it does get totaled I might buy it back and just keep it for the winter. The guy at the shop really liked my truck and said if I bought it off the insurance company he would pay me $300 more than I bought it back for. So im weighing out all the options at this point
Yes, I understand that a school parking lot could be private property. What I am trying to understand is how someone TBone'd your truck in a parking lot...

Old 10-04-2012, 08:43 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Sorry to hear about the truck man!! At least you are ok thats the most important part.

Originally Posted by Blazer974
Yes, I understand that a school parking lot could be private property. What I am trying to understand is how someone TBone'd your truck in a parking lot...
I think he explained that really well and I quote " this foreign bi*ch was flying in her little toyota"!!!!!

Old 10-04-2012, 09:31 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by rexmburns
Sorry to hear about the truck man!! At least you are ok thats the most important part.

I think he explained that really well and I quote " this foreign bi*ch was flying in her little toyota"!!!!!

lol

Old 10-04-2012, 01:49 PM
Starting Member

forgot to mention my rear tire is so crooked that the inside of the tire isnt even touching the ground

Old 10-04-2012, 04:23 PM
97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about

I see what you mean by its worse than it looks, the rear axle probably took some damage from sliding sideways when you got hit. same with the front end parts.

But isnt your neck and back starting to hurt really bad? if i were you that would probably be my story lol never feel bad for insurance companies.

Old 10-04-2012, 05:19 PM
4x4blazerguy is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear your bad fortune. Don't send her here we have enough from Michigan that drive like that already here.
So in Michigan you can hit & leave the scene & that is OK? No wonder every time I see a Michigan vehicle here in Arizona they drive like dumb asses. Now I know why & to take a wide berth away from them. Would you guys lock them in Michigan so we don't have them here?

Quick Reply: Blazer got hit