General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Blazer Gun Racks/Deer Rack

Old 11-12-2010, 09:36 PM
Starting Member
Mountainman is on a distinguished road
Default Blazer Gun Racks/Deer Rack

This is my first season hunting with an S10 blazer. I'm heading out to fill tag 2 tomorrow. These trucks are ideal for pine tree terrain hunting, its definitely a keeper.

I've used S10 pickups and the rear window is fine in an extended cab for your standard rear window gun rack.

This is what I've come up with in my hunting rig. The problem is you can only fit one scoped rifle in there at a time, just like the trucks.

I need to carry up to three, the bungee goes away, its just holding **** in place for tomorrows trip.

Your thoughts would be appreciated. I don't need them tonight obviously so no rush, just in planning stage.

Thanks

If you plan on putting a deer or two on these machines, these work good, goes right in the reciever.

We covered her up with garbage bags, I think I can get a game bag that will work in that.

Last edited by Mountainman; 11-12-2010 at 09:42 PM. Reason: because I'm illiterate
Old 11-13-2010, 05:49 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Hey there mountainman & welcome to the forum. This is a great place to learn & post ideas about our vehicles but the New Member Area is for introductions only.

https://blazerforum.com/forum/new-member-area-4/section-rule-new-member-area-only-introductions-no-help-requests-49328/
Maybe this posting should go to The Lounge or Modifications, General Chat, Off Roading etc. Look around & post in the place you feel it belongs & enjoy the forum!!

Old 11-13-2010, 07:04 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

*Moved to 'General Chat'*

Old 11-14-2010, 11:14 AM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

What about building a box covering the back and making it just thick enough for the guns and put a couple hinges on top to open it.

or what about building a box to put in the back like the size of a sub box or something then you could fit one on each side one on top and if it was big enough you could probably fit 3 more inside of it.

Old 11-14-2010, 02:46 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Can you just fold the rear seat down and lay them out along the floor?

Another option that I once saw on a larger SUV was up against the roof. The handles hanging from the roof that are above the doors had a bar going across from side to side and there was another bar towards the back. It left about 3-4" between the bar and the roof and being the width of the car, it allowed for 3'ft of space for rifles. Plus, with all the rifles up against the roof like that, it freed up the space on the ground.

However, depending on the wording of local and state laws, against the roof and out of sight like that may fit the definition of concealed which may or may not be legal.