General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

The blazer power band? 2000

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 10:54 PM
Trip.. is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by aura1
In Illinois, or atleast springfield, a customer is not allowed in the shop due to the shops insurance company.

And oh yes, I am pretty sure I got completely ripped off. This is a tech I have never dealt with. I usually have one guy who does work on my cars. Apparently he had the day off.
You've got to be kidding! Time to find a new shop!

I ran a garage for years, (Tire, brakes and alignment shop) and I too was told to keep the customers out for insurance reasons, but as long as they (the shop employees) keep the place clean and free of obsticals, there should be no reason for a shop to keep you out because of "Insurance reasons". Maybe legally he didn't have to show you, but morally (And to keep the customer happy) he should have shown you your fuel pressure, or anything else for that matter.

I would find a new shop and take the 100 bux as a learning experience, ask the next garage to prove it to you because the last place screwed you over. (mention the name of the last garage to the new garage, they love to smash the competition)

If the new place is worth a poop, they will show you everything that's wrong, or at least a printout.

Good luck man!

Old 11-01-2010, 12:05 AM
PaulO2288 is on a distinguished road

My truck makes some killer low end honestly. I wish they would have had different gearing in these trucks and it would have been a lot better. I wish they wold have came with 3.73s and i guarantee to you that you would think different. Im wanting to upgrade to 3.73's when i do 31's, But with my intake, exhaust, and tune when i go and stop on the pedal it pulls hard as hell! Along with offroading when im pulling people out its damn strong! I strongly believe the gearing is too low and makes it feel like a slug. The reason i believe that is put your truck in the column in 1st gear and nail the gas and or get the truck rolling and do that and it picks up my front end. Im not trying to say my trucks a race truck at all but off the line in the low end when i need to move man does she. I wish these truck would have came with better gearing

Old 11-02-2010, 12:08 PM
Trip.. is on a distinguished road

If you are looking to upgrade the whole axle assemblies from a donor truck, look for a gt4 (3.73:1) rpo code. I have 3.73 axles, but I think my truck is just getting tired. It does have 250,000 miles after all.