Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Chat (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/)
-   -   Blazer release (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/blazer-release-14551/)

Idriveachevy 11-18-2007 09:14 PM

Blazer release

Today i was out with a group of friends, in the group there were two blazer and some other trucks and we came out of the gas station, and some guy is looking at my truck, so i politely say "can i help you sir" and he was like "no im just looking, and he said that chevy was re-releasing the blazer." i didnt believe it at all, but i just wanted to make sure that it wasnt happening, and i thought this would be the ideal place to ask, so heres the question,

Is chevy releasing a new blazer in the future?

davtak 11-18-2007 09:22 PM

RE: Blazer release

I don't think so. I checked www.chevrolet.com and was told that the blazer model has been discontinued as on 2005. Although you never know. Could be a concept or something. That would be cool. Kind of like a camaro idea. A little old K5 Blazer and a little new blazer style mixed together for a concept blazer.

Mr Blazer LT 11-18-2007 09:36 PM

Not a bad idea. Maybe to compete with the new Toyota Landcruiser?

Idriveachevy 11-18-2007 09:41 PM

I hope so, my moms looking for something a little better on gas, (shes got a suburban) i'd make her buy the blazer

mdehoogh 11-18-2007 09:59 PM

after searching google i came up with a pic of the blazer "shark edition" which has been posted on here before but i thought i would show it again (look at that roof rack [:'(])

http://aycu15.webshots.com/image/355...5508486_rs.jpg

i have also read somewhere that there is a new k5 in the works, to compete with the new bronco thats also in the works

http://autojunkie.blogspot.com/ford%...0prototype.jpg

Idriveachevy 11-18-2007 10:03 PM

So maybe this guy wasnt so crazy after all... i cant wait to see what it will look like if its true..

mdehoogh 11-18-2007 10:09 PM

this was also posted here before...

its "supposedly" a k5 concept that was shot down with theadvent of the tahoe/suburban

http://aycu03.webshots.com/image/323...9672139_rs.jpg

drperry 11-19-2007 08:14 AM

It's not a k5 without a solid axle, lol...

I had an arguement one night with one guy who said that GM stopped making the Suburban for like 10 years, lol.

Though, GM does need something to replace the small 4x4 SUV market... Something OTHER than the H3...

coplinb 11-19-2007 10:55 AM

i am so going to back half my blazer now

blznlowxtreme 11-19-2007 07:41 PM

there is a concept blazer that hasbeen releasedin pictures. i cant find them on the internet right now but i have seen them before. but its just a concept

Idriveachevy 11-19-2007 08:42 PM

looking through some of the older posts on the site i found this picture of a new blazer XT1 http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/7...er20xt1kz6.jpg

cliro 11-19-2007 09:07 PM

that xt1 thing looks like a minivan, yuck.

mdehoogh 11-19-2007 11:09 PM

[sm=boosign.gif] XT1 [:'(]

cr1msonmyst 11-20-2007 10:52 AM

The pic of the K5 concept reminds me of a Tracker [:'(]

as for the xt1... does it have independent front/rear wheel steering? or is it just angled funny

mdehoogh 11-20-2007 11:20 AM

it looks like you can turn the rear wheels seperately... Jeep Hurricane Style!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.quentecafe.com/img/022605jeep2.gif

cr1msonmyst 11-20-2007 11:28 AM

That just seems like a bad idea to me, more things to break/go wrong. I dunno

mdehoogh 11-20-2007 11:29 AM

which one? the XT1 or the Hurricane with 2 engines and transmissions?

cr1msonmyst 11-20-2007 11:44 AM

Come to think of it both(especially the hurricane)... but i'd love to see just how much power you could get from the two 5.7L engines... lots of torque!

drperry 11-20-2007 04:10 PM

Kind of... It's a Dodge :D

Now you'll have two engines getting like 15MPG on the highway! The Hurrican needs a bigger tank, lol.

EuroGoldLS 11-20-2007 05:24 PM

Wow, we're going through the new blazer concept thing again. Check out this thread: Click ME

Anyway, If they brought back the Blazer, I hope they will bring it back with a little more gas efficient engine... like the inline 5 the Colorado/Canyon has

drperry 11-20-2007 06:03 PM

5.3L V8!

That gets better mileage in a 1/2 ton than the average Blazer, lol.

Idriveachevy 12-01-2007 11:42 PM

The latest news on an Actual gm sight.. http://media.gm.com/wieck/home/site/index.html

drperry 12-01-2007 11:51 PM

I'd much rather have the Borrego myself, lol.

LORCLAS 12-02-2007 01:59 PM

I highly doubt the Blazer would be back. The mini-truck/SUV market is pretty much dead. Mid-size is where it's at. The Ford Ranger is currently the only mini-truck left. Everyone else went mid-size. The new Ranger is supposed to be bigger.

Also, the Trailblazer will be dead soon also. It will cost too much to meet new FMVSS standards so they are killing it.

Idriveachevy 12-02-2007 02:35 PM

So is it just going to be tahoe/yukon and suburban/denali ?

I've found that the whole market is switching over to this whole "Cross-over" thing. i think theyre stupid. if your gonna get a minivan, get one and if ur gonna get a suv get one. they look stupid and i dont think theyre as "versitile" as everyone thinks they are.

LORCLAS 12-02-2007 05:02 PM

I'm sure they will come out with a replacement for the TB. Probably a unibody "crossover". If you think about how the industry is right now it makes sense. How many people that own SUV's, really take them off-road? I think you will see mid-size SUV's all going to unibody "crossovers". No need for frame-based SUV's that don't take a beating anyway.

thegr81 12-03-2007 07:04 AM

I am completely happy with my frame based suv, unibody suv's or crossover's are garbage imo!!!

drperry 12-03-2007 07:34 AM

ORIGINAL: thegr81

I am completely happy with my frame based suv, unibody suv's or crossover's are garbage imo!!!

[sm=exactly.gif]

Besides, unibody vehicles start making funny noises after a good chunk of off-roading and such... And I don't mean the drivetrain or suspension! lol.

*points in a random direction at the mushroom cloud of his old Lumina Z34*

Unfortunately, since hardly anyone who buys an SUV these days even uses their 4x4, let alone off-roads... It's not likely :p

blazinloud 12-03-2007 10:38 AM

Not that this applies, but I was reading about a new jag with almost 800 lbs of torque, thats insane.

Hanr3 12-04-2007 12:52 PM

ORIGINAL: LORCLAS

I'm sure they will come out with a replacement for the TB. Probably a unibody "crossover". If you think about how the industry is right now it makes sense. How many people that own SUV's, really take them off-road? I think you will see mid-size SUV's all going to unibody "crossovers". No need for frame-based SUV's that don't take a beating anyway.
Sportsmen!!!!
Hunters, fishermen, general outdoor off-road use. That is who uses the SUV off-road. City folks not so much, but people who live out in the country or people that go out to play use them all the time. SUV's have been around for a long time. That market segment isn't going away. In fact how many cross overs can haul the family toys, Boats, ATV's, Snowmobiles, 4x4's, sand rails, etc?

Someone mentioned the I5 gets better gas mileage. Yea, righttttt...... if you say so. I dont consider 1-2mpg better. If it got 25 city and 30 highway then you would have a leg to stand on. IF it could haul the toys.

WhiteTie BlackJacket 12-09-2007 08:37 PM

Hanr3 is right, but its all the soccer moms in cities trying to drive suburbans and expeditions that give SUVs a bad wrap, and everyone gets on teh big kick about how theyre killing the environment. And I agree w/ everyone on the crossovers, I dont know anything about their performance but they sure look like hell. Theyre killing cars anymore...

LORCLAS 12-09-2007 08:59 PM

Good point Hanr3.

The true off-road user of the SUV is a small segment when compared to the rest of SUV sales. Times are changing. Like did you ever think you'd see a $40,000+ sticker on a pick-up truck?

People are migrating to crossovers for the same functionality as an SUV but not built on a heavy frameto help fuel economy. Granted a unibody vehicle won't stand up to the punishment of hard core off-roading, but again,most SUV owners don't do that anyway.

The larger crossovers do have the towing capacity for the toys too. The 2009 Ford Flex and 2008 GMC Acadia haveamaximim tow rating of up to 4500 lbs.:D

bigb94s10 12-09-2007 10:22 PM

http://www.joechan.net/2007stuff/blazer.jpg

possibly? lolll

EDIT: other forums said this is a 2door chop tahoe..

blahhhhhhhhh

drperry 12-09-2007 10:24 PM

I actually like that... All it needs is a beefy 1 ton IFS and a manual transmission.

Jharper 12-09-2007 10:24 PM

that looks sweet, they should really make that. and do a big V10 motor!

Idriveachevy 12-09-2007 10:27 PM

ORIGINAL: Jharper

I'd never buy a v-10, you could get just as much power out of a diesel. and they sound cooler when you get the turbo spooled up

Idriveachevy 12-09-2007 10:27 PM

ORIGINAL: Jharper

Jharper 12-09-2007 10:31 PM

very true, idk i would just like to see GM come out with a V10 thats not a deisle, dont get me wrong i love the turbo deisle but, a standard V10 would be cool. but very costly.

Hanr3 12-10-2007 11:52 PM

ORIGINAL: LORCLAS

Good point Hanr3.

The true off-road user of the SUV is a small segment when compared to the rest of SUV sales. Times are changing. Like did you ever think you'd see a $40,000+ sticker on a pick-up truck?

People are migrating to crossovers for the same functionality as an SUV but not built on a heavy frameto help fuel economy. Granted a unibody vehicle won't stand up to the punishment of hard core off-roading, but again,most SUV owners don't do that anyway.

The larger crossovers do have the towing capacity for the toys too. The 2009 Ford Flex and 2008 GMC Acadia haveamaximim tow rating of up to 4500 lbs.:D
Thanks!

Cherokees are Unibody, and they hold there own off-roading. Howeer they have been discontinued as well.

True about the Soccer moms.

4,500 pounds isn't alot, granted more then most toys.

I do like that truck in the pic.

RedS10Blaza 12-11-2007 10:01 PM

http://us.tnpv.net/2007/GMC200701/GM...2538832_PV.jpg

Chevrolet Blazer 2007 Flexpower
aint that awesome