General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Blazer release

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 06:03 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: Blazer release

5.3L V8!

That gets better mileage in a 1/2 ton than the average Blazer, lol.

Old 12-01-2007, 11:42 PM
Idriveachevy is an unknown quantity at this point

The latest news on an Actual gm sight.. http://media.gm.com/wieck/home/site/index.html

Old 12-01-2007, 11:51 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

I'd much rather have the Borrego myself, lol.

Old 12-02-2007, 01:59 PM
LORCLAS is an unknown quantity at this point

I highly doubt the Blazer would be back. The mini-truck/SUV market is pretty much dead. Mid-size is where it's at. The Ford Ranger is currently the only mini-truck left. Everyone else went mid-size. The new Ranger is supposed to be bigger.

Also, the Trailblazer will be dead soon also. It will cost too much to meet new FMVSS standards so they are killing it.

Old 12-02-2007, 02:35 PM
Idriveachevy is an unknown quantity at this point

So is it just going to be tahoe/yukon and suburban/denali ?

I've found that the whole market is switching over to this whole "Cross-over" thing. i think theyre stupid. if your gonna get a minivan, get one and if ur gonna get a suv get one. they look stupid and i dont think theyre as "versitile" as everyone thinks they are.

Old 12-02-2007, 05:02 PM
LORCLAS is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sure they will come out with a replacement for the TB. Probably a unibody "crossover". If you think about how the industry is right now it makes sense. How many people that own SUV's, really take them off-road? I think you will see mid-size SUV's all going to unibody "crossovers". No need for frame-based SUV's that don't take a beating anyway.

Old 12-03-2007, 07:04 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

I am completely happy with my frame based suv, unibody suv's or crossover's are garbage imo!!!

Old 12-03-2007, 07:34 AM
BF Veteran

ORIGINAL: thegr81

I am completely happy with my frame based suv, unibody suv's or crossover's are garbage imo!!!

[sm=exactly.gif]

Besides, unibody vehicles start making funny noises after a good chunk of off-roading and such... And I don't mean the drivetrain or suspension! lol.

*points in a random direction at the mushroom cloud of his old Lumina Z34*

Unfortunately, since hardly anyone who buys an SUV these days even uses their 4x4, let alone off-roads... It's not likely

Old 12-03-2007, 10:38 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

Not that this applies, but I was reading about a new jag with almost 800 lbs of torque, thats insane.

Old 12-04-2007, 12:52 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: LORCLAS

I'm sure they will come out with a replacement for the TB. Probably a unibody "crossover". If you think about how the industry is right now it makes sense. How many people that own SUV's, really take them off-road? I think you will see mid-size SUV's all going to unibody "crossovers". No need for frame-based SUV's that don't take a beating anyway.
Sportsmen!!!!
Hunters, fishermen, general outdoor off-road use. That is who uses the SUV off-road. City folks not so much, but people who live out in the country or people that go out to play use them all the time. SUV's have been around for a long time. That market segment isn't going away. In fact how many cross overs can haul the family toys, Boats, ATV's, Snowmobiles, 4x4's, sand rails, etc?

Someone mentioned the I5 gets better gas mileage. Yea, righttttt...... if you say so. I dont consider 1-2mpg better. If it got 25 city and 30 highway then you would have a leg to stand on. IF it could haul the toys.

Quick Reply: Blazer release