General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Blazer restoration potential project

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2019, 11:46 AM
Vulkyn is on a distinguished road
Default Blazer restoration potential project

After looking around for a while i found an aging blazer which i am going to see as the price is well within my starting budget. I am more familiar with boat restoration but have been looking forward to start a 4x4 project.

The car would be mostly used for hauling the boat and for pulling / dropping it in the water as well as boat related operation (Hauling parts / fuel etc,) and general off-roading in the desert.

I am in no rush and i do understand the cost element hence me taking it nice and slow, i need to keep my mind busy so restorations does help me keep my mind at bay.

I am in Egypt and luckily i found a lot of people who can help in various parts of the restoration (interior, engine etc.) so i am confident i can find help when i need too, but i always like to start seeking advice from people who have gone down this path.

Here are some pics of the car (with major rust issue it seems) i will go see the car and see where this leads me.
Thanks in advance for keying in your wisdom and i hope i can benefit from every one here and end up with a car to use for many years to come.

Old 07-01-2019, 09:38 AM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Nice blazer! Theres a few square bodies here. I dont think I've seen or heard anyone Egypt yet tho, welcome!

Old 07-01-2019, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by DonL
Nice blazer! Theres a few square bodies here. I dont think I've seen or heard anyone Egypt yet tho, welcome!
Thanks man there is a blazer community in Egypt (which i recently discovered), the blazers are really popular but finding one in is not easy. Restored blazers are quite expensive for cars their age but its the blazer charm i guess

There are a few other ones i saw but at a higher price tag so I will see how things go.

Lovely to be here and thanks for the warm welcome

Old 07-01-2019, 07:00 PM
Starting Member
jaymzz is on a distinguished road

Welcome! I would of thought cars didn't rust there.

Old 07-01-2019, 08:24 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Looks like a bullet hole lol

Old 07-09-2019, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by jaymzz
Welcome! I would of thought cars didn't rust there.
lol you would be surprised on how damp / humid it gets in certain cities in Egypt !

Old 07-09-2019, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by DonL
Looks like a bullet hole lol
!!! it does !! I am going to let you know if it is when i inspect and what the owner will say about it lol

Old 07-17-2019, 12:55 AM
Beginning Member
Jbgraham212 is on a distinguished road

The only concern is the size of the boat you will be hauling vs the size engine. Other than that go for it and welcome to the forum. Now I just need to find a square body myself to restore. Have a 2nd gen ZR2 but would love a square body.