General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Blazer will not start

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 11:31 AM
jaz68 is on a distinguished road
Default Blazer will not start

I was driving my 2001 blazer home the other evening and it just dies on me after getting it home I checked the fuel pump its pumping the fuel relay isn't bad the fuel filter is not stopped up when I put fuel in the throttle body it will start but dies whats wrong?

Old 11-07-2014, 12:25 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

You are not getting fuel, If you put fuel into the throttle body and it starts then dies.

You need to do a fuel pressure test and report back with the results
Key on engine off reading, then let it sit and see what it drops to in 10 minutes

Old 11-08-2014, 06:13 PM
jaz68 is on a distinguished road

Okay thanks will try that

Old 11-09-2014, 06:19 AM
Starting Member
Red Sled is on a distinguished road

Should have 60 pounds pressure +-. Mine had 30 or so and would bleed off. Regulator was bad.

Old 11-09-2014, 06:20 AM
Starting Member

Sorry for double post

Last edited by Red Sled; 11-09-2014 at 06:24 AM.
Old 11-25-2014, 05:20 AM
robinsonparker is on a distinguished road

The fuel pump may fail causing the engine to stall and not restart.Technicians recommend to replacing the fuel filter every 30,000 miles to help prevent undue strain on the fuel pump.generally we have to replace fuel pump twice in one year.

Old 11-25-2014, 11:22 AM
Starting Member

Buy a A/C pump Yeah cost more but they LAST

Old 11-25-2014, 07:13 PM
gregorian69 is on a distinguished road

if it starts and runs about 30 sec then dies it might be your map sensor ? you might not be getting enough voltage to it you can use a wire to jump the plug in on the map sensor if you unplug the map sensor use jump wire one end in both sides of plug if im rite then you should be able to start your blazer good luck its passenger side of throttle body on mine I have 4.3 ltr good luck hope it works for you!

Old 11-25-2014, 07:14 PM
gregorian69 is on a distinguished road

jump the plug with wires not map sensor sorry

Old 11-25-2014, 09:32 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by gregorian69
jump the plug with wires not map sensor sorry
They said that it wont start at all unless they pour fuel into the throttle body. Which points to a fuel issue. Its not getting fuel for it to start and run.

OP. The pump may have ran, sounded like it was running, but could not be pumping enough fuel to start the truck and keep it running.
Since these engines need quite a bit of pressure for them to start and run.

If you have done the pressure and leak down test. report back with the results if you have not figured out the problem.

If you have figured out the problem, also report back with how you fixed it so we can help others in the future.

Quick Reply: Blazer will not start