General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Blazer Zr2.. Bas**** stepchild?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 01:32 AM
blazer/gtoman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Blazer Zr2.. Bas**** stepchild?

I sware, somtimes I think the Blazer ZR2 is the bas**** stepchild of the SUV world!! I can't find a single aftermarket site that offers parts for this truck! Of course it's already a great package, but any good car/truck guy knows there's always room for improvement!! Does anyone know any sites that specialize in suspension parts for a Blazer ZR2? I sware the every site that I've been to they always say something like: "for all 96-2003 2-door Blazers, except for ZR2 suspensions".. Everything is "except for ZR2", "except for ZR2".. What's the deal?!!! I can't be the only man in the USA that bought a ZR2, I mean isn't here enough of us for them to wanna make aftermarket parts? I don't want a lift kit, but if I can find some leaf springs to give the rear end a little more lift (Am I the only one who noticed the the front of a ZR2 blazer sits higher than the back, and the front tires stick out a little further than the rears ones? This isn't true on the pick-up version, but anyway..), spacers to move the rear tires out a little, and some bigger brakes.. Anything you guys can recommend will be greatly appreciated!

*Please refrain from using the so called "french" if you know what I mean .**

Old 02-25-2008, 01:52 AM
aris_unlimited is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Blazer Zr2.. Bastard stepchild?

Spacers should work for both the normal blazer and the zr2, they should have the same bolt pattern and all. Also most online places won't sell just leaf springs. Best bet is to find an area around you that makes custom leaf springs and have them do the whole thing for you.

Old 02-25-2008, 01:59 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

The rear end is narrower on ALL s-series vehicles. It's NOT a ZR2 thing...

And there's about as much stuff out there for a ZR2 as there is for a normal 4x4 Blazer.

Synergy Offroad is run by someone who owns a ZR2...

Old 02-25-2008, 02:39 AM
blazer/gtoman is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanx fellas.. That "Synergy offroad" is a good site, by the way.. Thanx..

Old 02-25-2008, 02:43 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

No problem

Hope you find what you're looking for!

Old 02-25-2008, 07:43 AM
Jigg is an unknown quantity at this point

If you're looking for something you don't see on there... feel free to send an email to synergyoffroad@gmail.com. There's loads of stuff that is in stock, just not on the website.

Old 02-25-2008, 08:21 AM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

I've seen some stuff on ebay.

Old 02-25-2008, 08:36 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

You might want to visit www.zr2usa.com. A whole LOT of tech info especially for the ZR2 with a few members from here that are members on there. And not to give Jigg a bigger head than he already has but his site is probably the best there is for aftermarket parts for the ZR2.

Oh, and I guess his BlaZeR2 is ok, too.

Old 02-26-2008, 02:52 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

Just ask jigg for anything you don't see!! Gotta support a forum member!!!

Old 02-26-2008, 04:15 AM
BF Veteran

ORIGINAL: AJBert

You might want to visit www.zr2usa.com. A whole LOT of tech info especially for the ZR2 with a few members from here that are members on there. And not to give Jigg a bigger head than he already has but his site is probably the best there is for aftermarket parts for the ZR2.

Oh, and I guess his BlaZeR2 is ok, too.
It's a good place! I'm over there too

Very large amounts of info, lol.