Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Will stock ZR2 rim/tires fit on a non zr2 2000 stock blazer

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 07:43 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road
Default Will stock ZR2 rim/tires fit on a non zr2 2000 stock blazer

im thinking of getting some zr2 rims from a junkyard to give it a little lift. i know the zr2's came with a larger stock rims. i think they were 30s or 31s. will these rims fit on my stock 2000 blazer non zr2 model

Old 01-05-2010, 07:55 PM
Starting Member
jacobcnc is on a distinguished road

The rims are the same tires are 31 10.5 15. All it should take is a t bar crank and some shackles.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:58 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It'll be more than a t-bar crank to tuck 31's if you want to do much offroading. For a mall crawler, t-bar crank will do, but don't try turning too sharp. There is always the possible factory freak out there, but better safe than sorry.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:00 PM
Banned for childishly attempting to delete all his posts
jsmz is an unknown quantity at this point

ZR2 rims are the same size as any other blazer, 15x7.

the 31 inch tires are about an inch taller than the 235 that came factory. but unless you put a lift on your blazer your going to tear your fenders all to crap.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:23 PM
Banned

so if i did a 2" lift kit/tbar crank would they fit without rubbing. and what did they do on the zr2 to get them to sit high enough to fit those tires under?

Old 01-05-2010, 08:38 PM
Banned for childishly attempting to delete all his posts
jsmz is an unknown quantity at this point

you bet, 3 inches is what you want if you dont want to rub....the fender.
your still probably going to rub the sway bar at full lock. I do.

what they did to the ZR2 is they lowered the suspension mounting points on the frame.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:56 PM
Banned

so you have zr2 rims on your blazer i take it. how much increase in ground clearance do you think they add?

Old 01-05-2010, 09:10 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Spectreblazer
so you have zr2 rims on your blazer i take it. how much increase in ground clearance do you think they add?
ZR2 rims give you no increase in ground clearance. As has been stated in this post already, they are 15X7 with 6" of backspacing, the same size as ALL 4X4 blazer rims from the factory.

The difference in the suspensions allows for bigger tires (~29" for non-Z to 31" for Z) thus allowing for greater ground clearance.

Old 01-05-2010, 09:14 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

last time man: THE RIMS ARE NO DIFFERENT. still 15"x7" rims. same as on any other s-series blazer.... if that big *** k-5 as your avatar is any indication of your ride, you will not really get much out of any 2 gen rims...
if the white 95-97 on your info page is any indication of your ride then you will need to lift it to get away with the 31' tires you seem to really want....

what swartlkk said "t bar will do" will get you by with 31"s. you wont be able to turn all the way, and you will want to steer clear of large bumps, but to really make them work and give them some flex. get yourself some lift. any lift. search it up. 31" tires are like around here

Old 01-05-2010, 09:25 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

if you plan on taking it on the trails i would get a 2in body lift, crank the tbars 1.5in and get a shackle or an add-a-leaf in the back. Otherwise like kyle said a tbar crank will be fine if you keep it on the road.

Quick Reply: Will stock ZR2 rim/tires fit on a non zr2 2000 stock blazer