General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Blazers are CRAP!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 06:51 AM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

Atta boy!

Old 05-24-2010, 10:24 AM
Beginning Member
kylem40 is on a distinguished road

sure you havent had to put much money into it but you paid way to much for it in my opinion there would be no way i would have paid 13400 for 2 wheel drive. I own a blazer and i paid to much for mine but i needed a car and had no other choice. i paid 7000 for mine and it is a 99 that had 159000 miles on it but it has 4wd and i havent put any money into yet. does it need it?.... YES! i have front wheel bearings that need to go on. they have been bad since november of last year and probably just a tune up.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:35 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kylem40
sure you havent had to put much money into it but you paid way to much for it in my opinion there would be no way i would have paid 13400 for 2 wheel drive. I own a blazer and i paid to much for mine but i needed a car and had no other choice. i paid 7000 for mine and it is a 99 that had 159000 miles on it but it has 4wd and i havent put any money into yet. does it need it?.... YES! i have front wheel bearings that need to go on. they have been bad since november of last year and probably just a tune up.
We bought the blazer in February 2006 with 18,000 miles from a dealership. It was the best deal in the area my parents could find. My dad wanted it, he bought it. He passed away and i bought it from my mom for 2 grand with 36k miles on it. So, i got one hell of a deal. My dad didn't care for a 4x4 because he grew up learning rwd in the hills of pennsylvania, he knew what he was doing and taught me the same. So, i still think it was a great deal

Old 05-24-2010, 10:55 AM
Beginning Member
kylem40 is on a distinguished road

well when you put it that way that you got it for 2 gs then yah thats a great deal. Knowing how to drive a rwd car in the winter is good you dont really need 4wd. I know how to do that i used to have a 1980 grand prix that i drove all threw the winter and that was rwd and i drove it threw ice storms like it was 4wd. well it was sideways most the time going up hills and that haha but i only got 4wd because i was tired of getting stuck in my own driveway with 2wd and i had a ford tempo that was crapping out on me at the time so i got the blazer because it was the best deal at the dealer and it was right before winter and it was so much nicer for a change to be able to just slap it in auto 4wd or 4wd and go

Last edited by kylem40; 05-24-2010 at 10:58 AM.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:24 AM
Beginning Member
Blazer4thewin is on a distinguished road

i have a 98 blazer and my cousin has a 99 sonoma and we both go to the same school and we are like closer than brothers right but every single person that we hangout with or go wheeling with ALWAYS talks crap about our trucks when they shouldnt be talking cuz me n my cousin never get stuck and they do all the time and the only time my cousin got stuck was when he buried his sonoma up past the hood in a mud hole thats the only time and ive NEVER gotten stuck in my blazer and me n my cousin have the small trucks all the other people have there big *** full size trucks so that says alot about these AMAZING s-series blazers and pickups! I LOVE THEM TRUCKS!

Old 06-09-2010, 11:39 AM
BF Veteran

every time i think this thread has died someone brings it back and makes me laugh haha. good to know i'm not the only one getting crap but being able to back it up

Old 06-09-2010, 06:37 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

I paid 2 grand for my 92 with 94,000 miles and in need of light body work and tires,shocks, alternator, and balljoints. So yeah that was a heck of a deal, though bad circumstances. I'd love to have a 2nd gen 2wd blazer, or even a s10.

Last edited by ImScrewed92; 06-09-2010 at 06:41 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:48 PM
BF Veteran

honestly, i tried convincing my dad of getting an extended cab s10 because i knew i'd be buying it from him in the end but i guess i lucked out, the only thing that i would have liked better about the s10 is the zq8 sway bars bolt right to it but not my 2 door because of our wonderful gas tank location... whatever, i can't complain for 2 grand. life goes on

Old 06-09-2010, 11:20 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

I've been a Blazer fan since we lived in the Colorado Rocky mountains at 9,100 feet. Dd would takes us exploring in his early 70's K5 Blazer.

Im on my 4th S10 Blazer now.

My favorite off-roading story.
Was wheeling with a bunch of other guys I meet on another forum. One laughed when he saw my '87 S10-Blazer the first time we meet. 6 hrs later I was still following him around the off-raod park. We were on our way back on one trail, stream crossing. Came upon a built Jeep and the guy looks at me and goes is that thing stock? Implying how the hell did you get it back there and how the hell are you driving it back out? I smiled and noded yes as I drove passed him.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:56 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by MTopper
honestly, i tried convincing my dad of getting an extended cab s10 because i knew i'd be buying it from him in the end but i guess i lucked out, the only thing that i would have liked better about the s10 is the zq8 sway bars bolt right to it but not my 2 door because of our wonderful gas tank location... whatever, i can't complain for 2 grand. life goes on
Check out eBay. Theres a store called like s10warehouse or something, they're located in Fl. They have front and rear Blazer ZQ8 sway bars for sale all the time. I've never heard that about the gas tank being an issue, but as I've said before- I don't know everything haha. Besides, on my Firebird I swapped the front sb for a thicker one, went for a test drive, and after that was when I swapped the rear for a thicker one also. I felt no difference between the two different rear sway bars. The thicker front sb was what made the difference.

Edit.

Front: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ZQ8-S...Q5fAccessories

Rear: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/REAR-...Q5fAccessories

Quick Reply: Blazers are CRAP!!