General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Blazer's safety on the road

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 03:33 PM
Mike.308 is on a distinguished road
Default Blazer's safety on the road

Howdy,
Yesterday one of the web portals in Poland [1] has presented the recent comparison of a NCAP crash tests of a van (Ford Transit Connect/VW Touareg), limousine (Audi A6) and a compact 4x4 (Suzuki Jimny). Of course, the best of the best was a German ones[2]. Vast people in comments ridiculed the article, as the cars were different classes; NCAP perpendicular hit to the wall does not happen in real life. Not to mention, that armored Audi A8 with our prime minister several months ago had an accident and hit the tree with 30mph. Both the driver (broken leg) and prime minister (broken ribs, etc) suffered. Here's a photo of the wasted audi:
https://s1.dziennik.pl/pliki/1103300...di-900-555.jpg

Amongst the comments, I've found an interesting link to Your Insurance Institute for Highway Safety /Highway Loss Data Institute. The crash test are performed in a more realistic manners that these NCAP ones.

Here is a link to the Blazer:
https://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/ve...zer-4-door-suv
To be honest, I was stunned with such a low notes. I was expecting these 2-tones truck to perform better. Are our Blazers really that poor with safety?

[1] Germany hold approximately about 60% of shares in our mainstream polish medias, so I choose to call them "polish language medias" instead of "polish" . Naturally, such an articles is a promotion of their automotive production to me.
[2] So resembling a recent diesel-gate, aint it?