General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

bosch fuel pump

Old 07-01-2008, 10:41 AM
2drblazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default bosch fuel pump

ive been through 2 fuel pumps in 2 months they were airtex (how is that brand)?
not to good for me

and now ive gotten the wonderful people at advanced to at least get me a bosch is it much better i know the price was about 100$ more

thanks

Old 07-01-2008, 11:00 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: bosch fuel pump

*cringe* I wouldn't use anything but a genuine AC Delco pump. Hope it works out for you though!

Old 07-01-2008, 11:40 AM
FFJustin99Chevy is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

I wouldn't use anything but a genuine AC Delco pump. Hope it works out for you though!
I'll second that! It was pricey (like $400 pricey), but I made sure mine was AC Delco so I don't have to worry about it.

Old 07-01-2008, 02:30 PM

yea try 644 through chevy but i hope it works

Old 07-01-2008, 02:35 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Try http://rockauto.com/

Old 07-01-2008, 02:36 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

To heck with that! $644 is list... No way in heck should they sell it for that. You'll get the exact same pump for under $300 from RockAuto.com. Leverage that information (print it out if you have to) and see what they can do. It is just dumb in this day and age to pay more than 15% over internet price at the dealership parts counter for the exact same part.

Old 07-01-2008, 04:27 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Who was it on here that cut the hole under the carpet in the back? That'd make the cheaper pumps worthwhile

Then again...not knowing when it's going to die, vs knowing your AC Delco will last you another 100k...

Old 07-01-2008, 05:22 PM

nope i got it in it works i got 62 psi on the rail (wow) what a project for the third time i hope this one works for a while at least till i get to VA. I had a problem when they ordered my bosch pump at advanded it didnt come with the plugg. And since the airtex that was in there was not OE when i replaced it the first time i had to change the wires. Well now that i have a bosch (OE) i need the stock plugg. So i had to go to a junk yard to get the one plugg i didnt want to but advanced payed for it. i now have a lifetime warrenty and i do not recommend airtex fuel pumps

thanks tom