General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Bowtie decals

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 07:21 AM
dimmuborgir6nik6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bowtie decals

I got 2 of these http://www.gregsonline.com/eshop/Htm...cals/15915.jpg
They're about the size of the 2 back windows so they fit perfectly, the only problem is they're a lot thicker than I thought.
Should I put them on? Or is it too ricey?

Old 12-21-2007, 07:36 AM
quinnman105 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Bowtie decals

NICE Looking! I would love to get some blazerforum decals

Old 12-21-2007, 08:46 AM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

i think i would have ried to get a different color considerig your blazer is green, igot10pinitis has those decals on his side windows, here is hisdecal

Old 12-21-2007, 08:51 AM

Yeah, I was looking at his but I got ones that are slightly bigger. I thought mine were gonna be around that thin, but they're much thicker.
I was gonna get green but I got red to kinda contrast the teal. Green bowties would be weird anyway since most bowties actually come in red, and too much green would be weird.

Old 12-21-2007, 08:54 AM

yea i dont think greem would have been the best color either but i would have tried a silver or black if you dont have tinted windows. but as long as you are happy w/ it i say slap it on there

Old 12-21-2007, 08:58 AM

They're factory tints but they're extreamly dark. They're like 5%, almost black, so black bowties would be unnoticable even though I thought about it. I was thinking of mirrored chrome, so you could see you reflection, but I stuck with red.
I guess I should put them on. Makes it look sporty. I put a small one on the rear window right under the brake light, looks good but I realized from a distance it's crooked.

Old 12-21-2007, 09:41 AM

oh no cant be going crook w/ your stuff, gotta be straight. sometimes you get a lil off though but it kills me when i see a decal that is a foot long and one side is like 2' lower than the other

Old 12-21-2007, 10:21 AM

Exactly, I'm gonna use a bubble ruler, and lots of tape to make sure it's correct.
I realized why my decal on the back window was crooked, I lined it up with the hatch button, which I noticed a while ago isn't really centered, so when I lined it up, I looked at the roof and noticed it's not lined up with those lines that run across, it wasn't lined up with the center line. Also, the paper the decal it's stuck to isn't cut properly, so when I taped the decal to the window with the paper still on it so I could measure, the decal was centered but the measurements were wrong, so I just said the hell with it and eyed it onto the window. Then today I realized the reason the decal isn't centered is the paper on the back of the decal is cut randomly, all angled and stuff. When I tape the decal to the window today, instead of measuring from the edge of the window to the edge of the paper, I'll measure from the edge of the window to the actual decal on the paper.

Old 12-21-2007, 03:24 PM
igot10pinitis is an unknown quantity at this point

i got mine made at work. I got an extra set of red ones just for the hell of it. Honostly i just was thinking how it would look one day and had them make me a set to throw on. I think it just adds a little extra detail to it, without to rice look. I wanted red cause the black windows would make them pop out more.

for your green i would go with a silver or something. or even your green. The green you wouldn't notice till you got up on it, but its those little details that i like.

Old 12-21-2007, 03:51 PM

Yeah the green might not stand out, and the red is great with the black tint. But silver would be good, like the chrome mirrored I was looking at.
I figured it might be too ricey, but I saw a few Blazer with it and it looked great. It's a cheap way to make the truck look better. My dad saw the smaller bowtie I on my back window below the brake light and he even said it looks good.
Usually before he says, "Ehh don't go too crazy it will look stupid", but once it's on he says "It looks pretty good".
He said that about the mudflaps and bug deflector, and ended up liking it a lot.