General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Broken seat recliner adjuster RHD vs LHD

Old 02-01-2009, 01:25 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road
Default Broken seat recliner adjuster RHD vs LHD

I've also posted this on GMTruckForum.net so if any of you guys have already seen it ... please forgiveme.
I wanted to repair the seat recliner lever this weekend. I was going to do the fix per the "how to" posted by 20Blazer00 back in May '07. (He had found it on the ZR2 site). I've now found that the one that came off was in fact the GM upgrade. That's why when I went to the Chevy guys it was the same as what they had in stock. I've checked the left side & that's the same as what I've seen on the forum - meaning that the drivers side had already been replaced. Problem here is the oe handle (pass side) sits about an inch above the other switch & on the drivers seat the upgrade is almost touching the lever - seems the keyways are in the wrong position. There is no evidence that the metal insert has moved. See pics.

Question I have is, fitting the lever back, the grub screw is at the furtherest point in & to get an allen key to it I somehow need to get behind the plastic seat suround. Looking at the "how to" I see the one being repaired (other than that it's a 2 door) does not seem to have this plastic panel. Is this an overseas option? or do your 4 doors also have it? Just curious!