General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Brush Guard

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 08:45 PM
Starting Member
JS_blazer is on a distinguished road
Default Brush Guard

Does anyone know where I can buy a black powder-coated wrap-around brush guard online for under $300? I can't seem to find any.

Old 12-05-2009, 09:04 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

well to answer your question : Google SHopping.

i couldnt find one for less than $124....
it's black read description at bottom

heres your wrap arounds for $140...
for a total of 264 before S&H

under $300 for the win!

you can stay at less than $120 if you just get a bull bar

Old 12-06-2009, 08:36 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

!!

To tell you the truth I haven't seen one OVER $300 yet. Not sure where you've been looking? lol.
Ebay is always good too. They usually have brush guards there for around $100.

Old 12-06-2009, 10:05 AM
Starting Member

ABN31B:
You always have the best posts. haha, but maybe I should've been more specific. I want a wrap-around brush guard, in one piece.

Sisk:
But I don't want to have to do over-modification. Ya know?

Old 12-06-2009, 12:21 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Over modifications? They bolt right to the frame where you tow hooks are. Where is the modification in that?
I know you want black, so why not buy a chrome or silver one (since there is a huge abundance of them for sale for cheap) and either undercoat it or paint it?

here's a good example: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GRILL...ht_3584wt_1165

Old 12-06-2009, 12:33 PM
Starting Member

but does it come with push bar and light covers?
and by over modification I mean drilling holes in the bumber and whatnot. I've seen that alot. I just want it to be bolt-on. Im sure I sound dumb, but I'm only 16, I can't really undercoat stuff or paint it, because I want it brushed black, not just black.

Old 12-06-2009, 03:05 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by JS_blazer
but does it come with push bar and light covers?
and by over modification I mean drilling holes in the bumber and whatnot. I've seen that alot. I just want it to be bolt-on. Im sure I sound dumb, but I'm only 16, I can't really undercoat stuff or paint it, because I want it brushed black, not just black.
Dude, just cause your 16 doesn't mean your incapable. Painting or undercoating a brush guard is in no way hard, and anyone can do it. All you'd have to do is give it a good sanding, spray with a couple coats of good bonding primer and then finish off with a couple or coats of paint. You can add clear coat over top of that depending on how shiny you want it. I'm just saying this is a wayyy cheaper method vs. paying $300 just for a black one out of the box. Besides that you get the satisfaction of doing it yourself.
As for what it comes with, the title is "Grille & Brush Guard" and in the pic it clearly shows it that what they call the grille is the centre piece and the brush guards are the side pieces. I would say it comes with everything you see in that pic there.
There is no reason why you would have to drill your bumper. These brush guards mount right into the holes where your tow hooks are (or would be if you have a 2wd). There should already holes on the frame to mount it.

Old 12-06-2009, 06:20 PM
Starting Member

ok, I didn't even know how to undercoat or paint it until an hour ago when my uncle explained it to me. And I was looking at the Grille & Brush Guard, and not trying to sound like a smart-butt, but everyone I've seen is where you have to buy the bar and light covers seperate.

Old 12-06-2009, 11:12 PM
Beginning Member
deck101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you looked here? http://www.huntertruckwholesale.com/?ITEMID=GC-801 ? I got a black one here for less than 300 and it has been great!

Old 12-07-2009, 09:52 AM
Starting Member

but my blazer is a 1995. will a 98 to 04 fit?

Quick Reply: Brush Guard