General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Bugger

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 02:54 PM
Starting Member
Badco is on a distinguished road
Default Bugger

I was tinkering around and decided I'd check out my tweeters... when I lost my star bit in the corner at the very front of the dash. Anyone know how to take off the peice of trim there? Not sure what it's called but it would be where people mount new gauges. I lost it right in the center of the picture.
Edit: Whoops, this should have been in GenII tech

Edit.... Trick question. It's gone forever, unless I decided to tear apart the dash.

Attached Thumbnails Bugger-0727154709.jpg  

Last edited by Badco; 07-27-2013 at 04:02 PM.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:21 AM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Sometimes it's better to just cut your losses and buy a new tool!

Although, once I lost a 1/4" socket in the tailgate of my friends blazer trying to get the back glass to open. A couple years later I was reunited with it after I bought their blazer and finally managed to get the glass to open!!!

Old 07-28-2013, 12:34 PM
Starting Member
Badco is on a distinguished road

Yeah, it was one of those walmart handy tool kits that was 10 bucks with the rachet driver that is engineered to fall apart before you use it!
I did figure it out though, it's sort of a snap and pull back trim piece, that hides the center roof console wires.

But for now, thats the only tool my Blazer has eaten thus far

Old 07-29-2013, 02:51 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

My blazer ate a tool every time I worked on it.

Old 07-29-2013, 08:48 AM
Twip will become famous soon enough

the trim piece that goes up the "A" pillar just snaps on. just very gently yank it off with extreme prejudice. then go and get your flexy magnet retrieval tool and start fishing. i dont think that it call fall down too far as there is the support that the top of the dash bolts too. good luck with the fishing.