General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

bullydog fuel monitor+gauges all in one/will this work for a blazer

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 06:35 AM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
most o the diesel guys are running a sensor right from the trans, more accurate.

if all you're really concerned with is the trans temp, then why spend the extra $ on all of the other features? are you really gonna use them, or would it be more for the, "wow, look @ what i've got sitting here on my pillar/dash"?

be honest, unless you've got the $ to spend for no reason.

not trying to bash or criticize, but the extra $ could be used on other upgrades to the Blazer instead.

the other gauges would be nice. performance test are nice and also the gas coach.

Old 01-19-2010, 05:11 PM
Banned

alright here is the email muscle mods support sent me. they say the tranny temp gauge will not work which confuses the heck out of me. if i can pull it with a scan tool, why cant i pull it with this. i sent two emails to bully dog support too but have not received a response yet. well here it is.

Re: bully dog watch dog fuel monitor question‏
From: usmusclemods@gmail.com on behalf of Support (Support@usmusclemods.com) Sent:Tue 1/19/10 12:18 PMTo: dave perk (badazzblazer@live.com)
I checked with bullydog and they said if the blazer doesn't have a factory sensor for the transmission temperature then it won't read it. It pulls information from the OBD-II port only. It took me forever to get through to them and then they were pretty vague on the information that they gave me. The watchdogs work great. But I couldn't get specific information for your blazer from bullydog.

Last edited by Spectreblazer; 01-19-2010 at 06:47 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:37 PM
Banned

bullly dog wrote back today and said it will not work.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:43 PM
Peco is an unknown quantity at this point

Go with Scangauge II, I have one and it shows Trans temp, Air Ratio, Water temp, MPG, MPH, Intake temp, Volts, Open-Closed loop, O2 sensors readings, Fuel trim, ECT ECT. And the scan tool. Works great!

Old 01-22-2010, 08:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Peco
Go with Scangauge II, I have one and it shows Trans temp, Air Ratio, Water temp, MPG, MPH, Intake temp, Volts, Open-Closed loop, O2 sensors readings, Fuel trim, ECT ECT. And the scan tool. Works great!
alright i'll check it out. its just i like the display of the bullydawg alot more