Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

in dash dvd/monitor-wiring+mounting questions

Old 04-15-2005, 02:17 AM
reapersimage is an unknown quantity at this point
Default in dash dvd/monitor-wiring+mounting questions

has anyone installed an in dash dvd and monitor on an '03 blazer? i'm trying to get this sucker in with a dash kit i got from circuit city but it seems to be too tight of a fit. also, i was told that the airbags and some other stuff are wired to the factory stereo. is this true? and if so can i get around it by connectiing both the factory stereo and dvd player off the same wires? and any ideas on where i can get a smaller temperature control panel?

sorry if i posted this in the wron spot, new here.

Old 04-15-2005, 08:19 AM
Retired Admin
zero psi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: in dash dvd/monitor-wiring+mounting questions

i put a new stereo in my '01 and there was no airbag wires going to it. unless they changed it from 01 to 03, but i doubt it.

Old 05-22-2005, 04:53 AM
deliriousvisions is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: in dash dvd/monitor-wiring+mounting questions

basically how taht works is, almost every GM, 2000+ has shared controls in the factory radio, it controls the airbags, and your door chime...... what they sold you "should" have been a GMRC01...that takes those controls outside the stock radio and into a little box......it has the regular metra 70-2003 harness on it, but the box has a pink wire that hooks into it, thats your digital wire for the airbag and door chime....the box also gives you a switched power source, for turning the unit on and off (red wire) so you dont have to tap into the ignition harness. basically you have to wedge the wires in small spots behind the dash, and hid the box out of the way as best as you can.....
any questions, let me know