General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Can you guess this Blazer Part?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 02:44 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

I think it's a G80 governor?

Old 04-05-2012, 02:49 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Yeah, it does look like the G80 locker.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:52 PM
Starting Member
Franco is on a distinguished road

From the gears on the side, I was thinking it's part of the differential, but that's as far as I got...

BTW, the rotor is an Accel.

-peace-

Old 04-05-2012, 02:52 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Well I know it's a G80, I'm just trying to think of the name of the part. I think it's the governor.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:57 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thogert
I think it's a G80 governor?
Yep, governor it is! The large weight is the governor that inhibits locking of the axle over ~30MPH while the smaller portion at the top is another governor that actually locks the diff up when there is ~250RPM difference between output shafts.

Next challenge? If it isn't that much trouble, upload the challenge pic.

Old 04-05-2012, 03:06 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

dont post anything yall,im uploading a pic now. il edit this when its done

edit :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by chris015; 04-05-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:15 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Fuel door hinge/spring? But why are you posting the challenge? Thogert won that round.

Old 04-05-2012, 03:22 PM
BF Veteran

Ok here you go.

Old 04-05-2012, 03:25 PM
Administrator

Very easy. RKE module.

Next -- what is the correct name for each of the two large circular items in the attached picture?

Attached Thumbnails Can you guess this Blazer Part?-contest4.jpg  
Old 04-05-2012, 03:36 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

those are freeze plugs?

and sorry about the pic i posted,i didnt know we were doing like we do on the other thread.

Quick Reply: Can you guess this Blazer Part?