General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Can you guess this Blazer Part?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 03:41 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris015
those are freeze plugs?
The plug part is correct, but technically, no engine has 'freeze' plugs. Common misconception is that those plugs are there to prevent block damage if the coolant were to freeze. The holes on the sides of the block are there to support the inner cores during the casting process & to allow the sand from those cores to exit the more readily once the block was cast. The proper term for them is a core plug. These two are not core plugs specifically as they are there for another function.

Originally Posted by chris015
and sorry about the pic i posted,i didnt know we were doing like we do on the other thread.
No problem. Was I correct?

Old 04-05-2012, 06:25 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

are they just plugs for the bores for the cam and balance shaft? Not sure what they would be called if they are not core plugs.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:44 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Correct, the upper one is the balance shaft bore plug and the lower one is the cam bore plug.

What's the next challenge?

Old 04-05-2012, 06:54 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

aww this thread gets responses every time im away from the pc =P

Old 04-05-2012, 08:55 PM
97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
I know right?? lol not fair...

Old 04-05-2012, 09:13 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
Originally Posted by 97cherryblazer
I know right?? lol not fair...
That just means you dont spend enough time on blazer forum. lol

Heres the next one

Attached Thumbnails Can you guess this Blazer Part?-0405122008.jpg  
Old 04-05-2012, 09:17 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

OH TRUST ME I DO spend a lot of time on here

err that pics so blurry .....

horn?

Old 04-05-2012, 09:18 PM
Administrator

I'll give it a bit. It's not the horn.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:34 PM
Starting Member
RetroBlazer will become famous soon enough

Looks like the side of the throttle body to me.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:47 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by RetroBlazer
Looks like the side of the throttle body to me.
Sure is. Specifically the passenger side showing the throttle linkage (the blurry silver thing on the left is the end of the throttle cable). What's the next challenge?

Quick Reply: Can you guess this Blazer Part?