General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

can't decide if a jimmy is worth buying.

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 02:06 PM
Bdub is on a distinguished road
Default can't decide if a jimmy is worth buying.

well it's a 93-94 Gmc Jimmy 4x4 2 door

I know it runs but it needs a front windsheild and an exauhst (not sure yet if he meant just a muffler or the complete thing.. probably the complete thing)

I know it's in the higher 1xx,xxx miles.. and has not really been on the road in awhile since he has a ranger and has no use for the jimmy and is now finally wanting to sell it.

I should note that it's someone family who can be trusted. but I was wondering what the value would be on it.. I'm not too sure on any other issues it has.. so far i was just told these are the only problems.. it does look decent though... feel free to ask any other info you need and I'll add it on here.

Old 04-05-2009, 02:32 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

to look up the value of the jimmy just go to kbb.com and see what its worth then compare that to the asking price andif it just needs a muffler that wont cost much at all, a complete system on the other hand may become pricey and as far as the winshield goes you may be able to pick one up from a junyard for a decent price or you might get lucky and be able to get by with just a repair on it.

Old 04-08-2009, 11:50 AM

Well I should have waited to post this.. but anyways here is the deal

he is wanting $800 for it (havn't tried talking him down any)

it's about a 93 4x4 2 door.

the front window is just cracked up a lot and would basically need to be replaced to pass inspection. (I've estimated up to $400 to get it replaced.. correct me if I'm wrong)

it needs a muffler and a tail pipe.

it does run and drive.. and as for that I have no more info on it.. does anyone think it's worth looking into? it's also all stock

Old 04-08-2009, 01:42 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you driven it?
How's it run, ride?
I'd get someone to check the engine. Burning oil?

Old 04-08-2009, 03:58 PM
mech cb is on a distinguished road

Do you have any pics of it? Has he just had it sitting, or has he drivin it every now and then to keep things from going bad. If he's let it just sit for even a few months, you could have issues such as battery problems, tire dry-rot, nesting rodents, and gunked up fluids.

Old 04-09-2009, 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by mech cb
Do you have any pics of it? Has he just had it sitting, or has he drivin it every now and then to keep things from going bad. If he's let it just sit for even a few months, you could have issues such as battery problems, tire dry-rot, nesting rodents, and gunked up fluids.

I can get some pics of it (but nothing up close.. I'll take some from the road to show the outside shape of it) .. he has not drove it on the road ( that I'm aware of) due to it needing a muffler.. but yes it has been moved around his yard.. and at one time for about a week he had it parked by the road as if forsale (he no longer has it parked like that but I was just told he was needing to sell it and so I need to go by there tomorrow) (today.. thursday)

Old 04-09-2009, 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by oisinirish
Have you driven it?
How's it run, ride?
I'd get someone to check the engine. Burning oil?

No and idk it needs a muffler and tail pipe so it's not actually on the road but it will run.

Burning oil is a good question I'll keep in mind,.. I'm not expecting the motor to be in perfect shape for $800 and actually somewhat expect it needing a rebuild or a transplant .. (should I be)

knowing him he has probably actually already did that.. he had a red jimmy that he stold parts from then sold.. I'm not sure what all was done.. any questions you guys can think of? I plan to go over there aroun 5pm today (thursday)

Last edited by Bdub; 04-09-2009 at 11:21 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:24 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

You can drive it without a muffler. It will just be excessively loud..

Old 04-09-2009, 02:34 PM

yes I know that but I don't think it's a good idea to start it up and run through town on a test drive with no tags and it loud enough to get the cops attention do you?

If he'll let me I'll run it down the road if possible..

edit: and I should be going today.. it's been raining but hey at least I can talk to him about it and check it out some. Guys are there anything specific I need to make sure to check out? I know all vehicles have their common problems .. what should I specifically ask about or look out for?

Last edited by Bdub; 04-09-2009 at 02:42 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:01 PM
mech cb is on a distinguished road

As long as you go into this knowing you get what you pay for, you should be ok. Just make sure you're not gonna have to put more money into it than you can afford.

Quick Reply: can't decide if a jimmy is worth buying.