General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Cant pass inspection. Any idea???

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 09:04 PM
stevenf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cant pass inspection. Any idea???

I went to go get an inspection and failed because the computer wasnt communicating. They blamed it on recent maintenance done where the battery would have been unplugged. After riding around, my battery light started to flicker. About 5 days ago, It wouldnt start so I hit the battery connector with a hammer and it started fine after that. The battery light stays on but the Jimmy starts perfectly fine. While riding, I notice the lights are flickering a bit. Today I took the battery out and went through every connector and ground wire and wiggle and retightened everything. They I used wire brushes and cleaners for the batter cables but this still didnt fix the problem. I tried turning off my cd player and that didnt work. I checked all of the fuses and all of them are fine.
The lights have been flicker/dimming since I bought this Jimmy, only recently the battery light has come on and I cant pass inspections because of it. What should I do?

Old 08-30-2008, 10:48 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Cant pass inspection. Any idea???

What brand battery is it? Some batteries have been known to rot from the inside out and could definitely be causing the issue you are speaking of. Have you tried switching out the battery with a known good one?

Old 08-30-2008, 11:19 PM
stevenf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Cant pass inspection. Any idea???

I got this battery tested at autozone and it is good. I also tried a different battery that was good. Stil had the problem.