General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

CC spot in the blazer

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 07:14 PM
Starting Member
Brianator99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CC spot in the blazer

I just thought I would share that I was in a quest to find somewhere in my blazer to put my handgun in a safe location where it was not openly seen but yet easily acessable.
My old mans silverado has a center counsel that the cup holder pops out and that is a large open space and I thought I might be able to find something like that in mine. Well besides my center councel which is too obvious there werent many other places. I realized the cd holder comes out and after taking the tabs off it and thee cd holder from the inside thats held in by a couple screws it now has 3 or so holes to fit my fingers in and it comes right out very easily. I thought it was pretty cool so id share.

Old 01-27-2010, 10:37 PM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road

I prefer a shoulder holster. Plus I also have a liscence to carry, but unless I'm on a job I usually don't carry. Makes life easier that way.

Old 01-28-2010, 01:15 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

i know you boys ('n girls too) like your guns, but do you mean to tell me, it doesn't have to be losked up while in your vehicle?

no wonder i hear all these crazy assed stories about s**t happening.

Old 01-28-2010, 02:02 AM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road

Well I'm not quite sure which direction the op was coming from, but the crazy stories you hear are from thugs not prior service, law enforcement types like myself. As I stated above I do have a permit to carry so no I do not have to have it locked or secured while on my person or while I am in my vehicle.

I would not at any rate consider my vehicle a safe to place to secure any weapon let alone a fire arm. Now for say one of my friends who does not have a ccw, then he would have to display it in the open and disasembled, or locked (trigger guard).

Old 01-28-2010, 06:04 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Sorry, but how did you get your CD holder out?

Old 01-28-2010, 06:39 PM
Beginning Member
stsrus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RangerG
Sorry, but how did you get your CD holder out?
I believe he just shot it out, LOL

Old 01-28-2010, 07:34 PM
Starting Member

Yes I shot it out... It pops right out.I'm obsessive with cleaning my interior and one day I realized it comes apart and after messing with it a bit it comes out easily
And I dont get what you having a sholder holster and a cc license has to do with eachother. You need a cc license to carry a gun in the first place. I wear a belt clip but when I choose not to wear it it has to go somewhere in a safe location. It does not sit in my vehicle all the time and I dont wear it when I'm driving because it jabbing me in the side is not the greatest feeling.

Old 01-28-2010, 07:43 PM
Starting Member
DSMayo is on a distinguished road

Can I ask you why you would need a hand gun while driving?

Reaching under the center console, there is a pretty good sized gap under the cup holders in my '02 that could work

Old 01-28-2010, 07:46 PM
Starting Member

I never said I did. Thats why its in its spot.

Old 01-28-2010, 11:31 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by stsrus
I believe he just shot it out, LOL

Originally Posted by Brianator99
Yes I shot it out... It pops right out.I'm obsessive with cleaning my interior and one day I realized it comes apart and after messing with it a bit it comes out easily
Thank you! It did seem like it would pop out, I just didn't want to be the one reefing on it and breaking it if it wasn't supposed to come out.

Now to clean out the grossness in it... from the PAST owner!!

Quick Reply: CC spot in the blazer