General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

CC spot in the blazer

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 03:01 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bigkhans
Well I'm not quite sure which direction the op was coming from, but the crazy stories you hear are from thugs not prior service, law enforcement types like myself. As I stated above I do have a permit to carry so no I do not have to have it locked or secured while on my person or while I am in my vehicle.

I would not at any rate consider my vehicle a safe to place to secure any weapon let alone a fire arm. Now for say one of my friends who does not have a ccw, then he would have to display it in the open and disasembled, or locked (trigger guard).

sorry, that's what i was meaning. but the rest of your post pretty much goes right along with what i was thinking and knew was required (trugger lock, etc.).

Originally Posted by Brianator99
Yes I shot it out... It pops right out.I'm obsessive with cleaning my interior and one day I realized it comes apart and after messing with it a bit it comes out easily
And I dont get what you having a sholder holster and a cc license has to do with eachother. You need a cc license to carry a gun in the first place. I wear a belt clip but when I choose not to wear it it has to go somewhere in a safe location. It does not sit in my vehicle all the time and I dont wear it when I'm driving because it jabbing me in the side is not the greatest feeling.

at least now your truck know not to **** you off!

ok, that last bit explains it all. i was originally thinking (and fearing) youwere gonna leave it in there all the time. i was just envisioning some ***-hat breaking into your truck, and unknowingly happening upon it.

glad to know it's only for while driving.

Old 01-29-2010, 04:55 AM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road
Angry

Originally Posted by Brianator99
Yes I shot it out... It pops right out.I'm obsessive with cleaning my interior and one day I realized it comes apart and after messing with it a bit it comes out easily
And I dont get what you having a sholder holster and a cc license has to do with eachother. You need a cc license to carry a gun in the first place. I wear a belt clip but when I choose not to wear it it has to go somewhere in a safe location. It does not sit in my vehicle all the time and I dont wear it when I'm driving because it jabbing me in the side is not the greatest feeling.
I was speaking for myself and trying to answer a question for oldskool. I don't know what state you line in Brianator99 so I don't know what state laws apply to your being able to carry. Now I do know the laws for the state of Idaho, but that wasn't part of the op. That last part that I underlined? Hence the reason for a shoulder holster.

Old 01-29-2010, 06:53 PM
Starting Member
Brianator99 is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry I took it as you were being a smart ***. I live in Indiana.

Old 01-29-2010, 08:32 PM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road

Glad to have that cleared up. Here in Idaho you can carry in public as long as the weapon is in plain view and not concealed in any way. My view is if you are legally able to own and posess a firearm then go and get a permit to carry. Having that permit makes some things alot easier.

Back to the op, I drive a first gen and I do not have a shoulder rig yet, however that little box in between the front seats would work fine.