General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Change the Filter,Save the Pump

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 11:55 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Change the Filter,Save the Pump

Just a heads-up tip to share that some of us are probably already aware of. I was talking with my trusted mechanic today and he reminded me that changing the fuel filter on our Blazers in a timely manner (no more than the factory recommended interval) is probably the #1 way to avoid the fuel pump going out from being overworked. He said almost every pump they replaced had a very plugged up and old filter to accompany it. There have certainly been plenty of threads to attest to the problems of fuel pumps going out. And from experience I can attest that I definitely have changed out more cooperative fuel filters than what the Blazer has on it.

Old 09-20-2007, 12:48 AM
TwistinChrome is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Change the Filter,Save the Pump

I couldn't agree more, I change my fuel filter every 3 oil changes. Keeps the fuel pump happy and quiet, we all know how loud our GM pumps can get! Oh and for any Duramax owners, change that filter all the time! D-max injectors are expensive!!!

Old 09-20-2007, 01:57 AM
aris_unlimited is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmm. Thanks for reminding me, it is probably about time for me to change the fuel filter. I did it when I first got it and there has been about 3-4 oil changes since..............

But then again I need to replace the fuel pump anyways for the new sending unit lol.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:23 AM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

I do a recharge every 10,000 miles. Last time I checked the fuel pressure, it was within range, and the fuel pump doesn't whine. I've been getting 17 MPG lately because of having to drop off my sister at the elementary end of the school and then fighting traffic to get back to the highschool wing.

Old 09-20-2007, 09:35 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: EuroGoldLS

I've been getting 17 MPG lately because of having to drop off my sister at the elementary end of the school and then fighting traffic to get back to the highschool wing.
Good grief, Brent! How long is that school building, 5-6 miles?[sm=gears.gif]