General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Cheap gas

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 09:57 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

damn. $1.11/liter here right now.

so choices i have are.

Shell
Canadian Tire
Petro-(dont trust it moms old taurus hated it)
co-op
husky
7-11(mid grade is always same price as regular)

any benefits from running a higher octane?

what peoples preference out of those?

Old 01-18-2011, 12:17 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blazinloud
...any benefits from running a higher octane?...
Very, very negligible unless your PCM has been tuned for it.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:42 PM
BF Veteran

thats what i figured.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:39 PM
UberFail is on a distinguished road

blazinloud how long ago was your mothers taurus running on it - recently in the last year they've been bought out by sunoco and now all the sunoco's and petro's are upgrading/being replaced with petro stations and ALL run sunoco's gas. this is why u can find the 94 octane @ any petro now. i run it in my tuned v6 cav and the car absolutely LOVES it - 91 from there gives me around 50+ k more than anywhere else does anymore.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:47 PM
BF Veteran

4 years ago maybe

Old 01-18-2011, 01:54 PM

well don't rule out the new petro now. go try out the 89 from them in your blazer/jimmy n then try it from say shell after - should be equally comparable if not better, i would maybe stray from the 7-11 unless u can confirm what filling station brand name it comes from. i suspect its Esso fuel but i can't be 100%

Old 01-18-2011, 01:57 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BresBlazy
.......I dont really care about price, I use what lasts the longest and I DO notice a differance when driving............
same here Bre.

i've only ran Sunoco through all my vehicles (gas & diesel) for the last 9 years. i've noticed a little difference when using either Esso or Shell (like up to 50km/tank), but that could just be driving enviroment/habbit.

Originally Posted by UberFail
blazinloud how long ago was your mothers taurus running on it - recently in the last year they've been bought out by sunoco and now all the sunoco's and petro's are upgrading/being replaced with petro stations and ALL run sunoco's gas. this is why u can find the 94 octane @ any petro now. i run it in my tuned v6 cav and the car absolutely LOVES it - 91 from there gives me around 50+ k more than anywhere else does anymore.
actually........they tell you (the public) that it's all Sunoco fuels now, but in truth, they can't guarantee where it's coming from. that was from someone i know that works for Petro Canada, and showed me an inter office memo regarding some of the employee's questions/concerns.

and since Sunoco was stupid enough to get rid of their Brand name recognition once they took over Petro Canada, i stopped using their product. had waaaaaaaaay to many issues running Petro's crap in the past, and i sure as hell don't want their product killing another fuel pump-especially in these trucks!

Old 01-18-2011, 02:01 PM

maybe the lower fuel is unknown but the additives for the 94 HAS to be the same as the sunoco was - its their image behind the numbers, and they are/were the only ones with it. cav's proper tuned for 91 and i run 94, never noticed a difference in performance after the change.

Old 01-18-2011, 02:35 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Do NOT use costco. Yes its cheap but its diluted big time. And gave me a MAF code above 100km/h

Old 01-19-2011, 10:58 AM
BF Veteran

Ive been using husky lately since its close to my girlfriends and they have good hot coffee in the morning. but cant say i noticed anything.

Quick Reply: Cheap gas