General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Cheap mods for the Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 01:12 AM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road
Default Cheap mods for the Blazer

Hey I am wondering if there are any cheap mods to do to the blazer that look good or function well and make it stand out a little more. Little things are awesome. Also they should be fairly easy to do. I am on a very cheap college budget, hince the cheap stipulation. Thanks all who reply.

Lenny

Old 05-23-2007, 02:56 PM
vagnozzi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Cheap mods for the Blazer

I debadged my Jimmy by taking off the three 'Jimmy' emblems, blacked out the headlights, tail-lights and tinted the front windows to match the backs and rear-window. My truck is indigo blue so the blue/black combo looks awesome. I bet it would look just as good with red/black

Old 05-23-2007, 03:02 PM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

Projector heads turns, tails, chrome fronts (grill),a nice pinstripe can make alot of difference, even drop kits are relatively cheap.

Old 05-23-2007, 03:08 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well you can do the t-bar crank to the front end for absolutely nothing. Get some shackles for the rear and tada you're taller. Course you already knew that but.....

Old 05-23-2007, 04:30 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

Headlights $120-170
Signals $30-60
Taillights$30- 90
High mount Brake light cover $10-20 (eBay only)

Old 05-25-2007, 01:12 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Wash and wax it.
Vacuum the interior.
Those two things make a huge difference. If a truck is clean, people notice it.
Debadgeing is cheap, free in most cases.

Cheap performance upgrades.
Cut off the restrictor on the butterfly.
Replace the factory muffler with a glasspack.
Install a better air filter or cold air intake, dry element.

More costly, but look cool.
Suspension lift or drop.
Tires and wheels to match.
Grill guard.
Lights, fog, driving.

Really the options are only limited by how well you shop for bargains and your mechanical skills (labor is free if your doing the work).

Old 05-25-2007, 08:07 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

I found some sport mirrors with turn signals on ebay for 40 bucks. Nice gloss black finish with white turn signals. It would pretty sharp. Thinking of getting them for myself.

Old 05-26-2007, 12:21 AM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

ORIGINAL: Hanr3

Wash and wax it.
Vacuum the interior.
Those two things make a huge difference. If a truck is clean, people notice it.
Debadgeing is cheap, free in most cases.

Cheap performance upgrades.
Cut off the restrictor on the butterfly.
Replace the factory muffler with a glasspack.
Install a better air filter or cold air intake, dry element.
Already Washed, waxed, vacummed it. Mounted a MagLite and Fire extinguisher on the back jack cover, and put in a K&N Air filter. I was wondering how one would go about cutting the restrictor off the buttefly. Also how do you remove badgeing such as the rear tailgate which has pins with out scratching the paint and how to cover the holes left behind.

-Lenny

Old 05-26-2007, 07:08 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I have removed the deflector off of the throttle body and am looking to put it back on. I really don't feel that it did anything but change the throttle tip in (ie. more response with less throttle). WOT didn't change at all and it seems that something is amiss with the distribution of the EGR gasses after this mod.

If you really want to do this, then only cut it down to around 3/8" to 1/4" tall. That will still help pull the EGR gasses to the rear of the plenum under normal cruising.