General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Chevy OEM wheel lock?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 05:37 AM
Beginning Member
Fatguy9 is on a distinguished road
Default Chevy OEM wheel lock?

So i took off my wheel lock two weeks ago to take the spare tire off and the wheel nut stripped, The part that they key goes in to is still good so I was wondering does any one know where I could get a replacement for the nut that the locking part can just go on? I tried looking all over the internet to see if its some kind of special nut that it locks to but i couldnt find anything

Old 06-12-2015, 10:42 AM
Beginning Member
esquire is on a distinguished road

I'm pretty sure it's going to be dealer only

Old 06-12-2015, 10:49 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Your best bet will be to just pick up a new set of 4 locking lug nuts with a new matching keyed socket. Trying to get one single locking lug to match your current set will likely just waste your time.

Old 06-13-2015, 06:27 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Your best bet will be to just pick up a new set of 4 locking lug nuts with a new matching keyed socket. Trying to get one single locking lug to match your current set will likely just waste your time.
Yea thats what I was thinking id have to do but the key lock would have been way better

Old 06-13-2015, 09:50 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I think I might have misunderstood your original post. I thought you were talking about the keyed lug nuts meant to keep thieves from steeling the wheels/tires that are mounted on the axles. But I now think you are talking about the plug that goes into the hole in the bumper that leads to the winch for raising/lowering the spare tire. If that is the case, what is the part that is stripped out? Could you take a picture & post it?

Old 06-13-2015, 10:02 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
I think I might have misunderstood your original post. I thought you were talking about the keyed lug nuts meant to keep thieves from steeling the wheels/tires that are mounted on the axles. But I now think you are talking about the plug that goes into the hole in the bumper that leads to the winch for raising/lowering the spare tire. If that is the case, what is the part that is stripped out? Could you take a picture & post it?
No i ment the spare tire lock lol

Old 06-13-2015, 07:45 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

2 door with spare tire carrier on the tail gate? The spare tire locking lug nut you could find at a boneyard, cheap. The lock cylinder would be a dealer item. It can be coded to your ignition key, and the dealer can do that for you. The option to protect your spare tire, would be as Kyle suggested, with a locking lug nut available at most auto parts stores.

Old 06-13-2015, 11:46 PM
Beginning Member
esquire is on a distinguished road

Just my .02 but just as he can pick up a locking lug nut set from any AZ or Napa so can they common thief get the remover set from the same place. It's common knowledge I thought that every store sells the remover set. Hence the reason for going to the dealer to get the keyed sleeve

Old 06-14-2015, 06:00 AM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

That's true. If a thief wants something bad enough, no lock will stop them. Locks slow thieves down, they don't prevent theft.