General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Chevy runs deep

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 11:51 AM
Starting Member
ateranka29 is on a distinguished road
Default Chevy runs deep

My grandpa had this 89 full sized blazer that we used to go hunting in all the time. I was only about 6 or 7 when he bought it. When I was around 10 years old, my grandpa was diagnosed with cancer. It was eating away the bone marrow in his back, forcing him to stay indoors. He couldn't climb into his truck anymore and died about 7 years later. He left his blazer for me when he passed. The truck hadn't even been started in 7 years, and I barely got it running the spring I graduated from high school. I probably put about 50 miles onto it before the fuel pump went out. I was getting ready for college and didn't have the money to fix it. I ended up leaving for college without getting my blazer fixed. When I came back for Christmas break, my blazer was running. My parents fix it up for me as a Christmas present. The night I got home, I drove it through the snow (South Dakota snow storm) for about an hour. I was so excited to have my truck up and running again. The next day I was driving out of town on an icy road when a gust of wind pushed the blazer (I had a 3 inch lift on it). I tried to straighten out but the truck is so short and the back end was so light, I didn't stand a chance. I ended up spinning into the path a a fully loaded gravel truck. I slid backwards, about 35-40mph, into a gravel truck going 55mph. The seatbelts never locked up in that truck and there's no airbags of course. I got away with a broken nose, cracked cheekbone, super black eyes, and severe back spasms. My blazer was destroyed. The gravel truck pushed the tailgate into the back seat and the back seat right up against the front seats. The first thing I asked about was if my truck was fixable. I didn't care that I almost died (should have died) in the crash, all I cared about was my truck. Since then (December 13, 2013) I've been looking for another 89 blazer and still have had no luck. I don't care how much it would cost, I just need something to soothe the emotional pain of losing the memories me and my grandpa shared in that blazer.