General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

custom emblem thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 10:54 AM
Beginning Member
Infidel Edition is on a distinguished road
Default custom emblem thoughts

Im going to go with an OD Sand base paint. As well, I'm going flat black on all trim.

I was thinking of making a stencil and painting on a custom logo like one of the below.

Thoughts / preferences of the below?

Attached Thumbnails custom emblem thoughts-k5.3.jpg   custom emblem thoughts-k5.2.jpg   custom emblem thoughts-k5.jpg  
Old 11-27-2011, 11:32 AM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

I think you should keep the K5 Blazer emblem on the fenders. Then just put Infidel Edition back where the Cheyenne or Silverado emblem goes.

Kinda like this

Old 11-27-2011, 06:51 PM
Starting Member
89Recon is an unknown quantity at this point

I really am liking the 2nd one but in the end it is what you like I went out and bought some duck tape and did digital camo stripes all the way down both sides and custom cut a chevy logo and put it above where it says chevrolet I think it looks pretty cool but some people might think it is stupid but anyways back on topic 2nd one

Old 11-27-2011, 06:57 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I like #1 the most. Put it in place of the original K5 Blazer emblem on the fender. Embed it in the paint, below the clear coat!

Old 11-28-2011, 09:22 AM
Beginning Member
Infidel Edition is on a distinguished road

I wasn't going to do clear coat ~ the OD HumVee paint is super durable (and semi-radar retardant).
I was thinking of using either a baked on enamel or OD black (base color of OD Sand).

And I know it will be all me in the end (as 89s10 pointed out), but talking it out with fellow enthusiasts helps me to better visualize the end result.

Thanks all so far for your thoughts and opinions.