General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Dash Kits

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 11:44 PM
KIllarb634 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dash Kits

Has anyone installed a wood grain dash kit? I was thinking about doing this. I have a 98 blazer lt with the Blueish black leather interior with 4 wheel drive. I like the look of the wood dashes but don't know what one to get.
If you have one can you please post pictures.
What color dash kit do you reccomend? Here is a link for some options from an ebay kit. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=200138687580

All thoughts/ideas positive or negative are welcome

thanks
Brian

Old 11-13-2007, 08:24 PM
Default RE: Dash Kits

Bump anyone?

Old 11-13-2007, 09:26 PM
Idriveachevy is an unknown quantity at this point

Well i think it would look good, especiallt since you have a leather interior.

by the way, light color wood or dark color wood?

Old 11-13-2007, 09:31 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

They would look good, but the seller seems a little shady. Check out this post for greater understnading intent of originial author meaning.

"The diagram below shown part which are included into thewood trim. You can find available finishes in the listing. Please, make sure include a note (paypal has special place for notes) specifying thematerial you would like to get for your trim after you bid the item"

Also, if you do buy from them make sure you get the one for the Blazer. The one you linked is for a TrailBlazer.

EDIT: I know you said wood, but how do you feel about the brushed aluminum? I think that would look SHARP! If you do go with wood, I would say the darker the better. Either the medium burl or the nutshell wood.

Old 11-13-2007, 09:41 PM
Idriveachevy is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree 100% dark wood looks RICH

Old 11-14-2007, 02:38 PM

I was not sold on that seller either, but their are tons of people that sell them so i'd probable use someone else. I was thinking of a light wood to contrast but have a couple of people sending me some samples of it before i buy one. I got different color samples from 4 people. they each had a max of 4 samples so i tried to get a wide range of colors so i have all options covered.

I also like the brused aluminum and thought it would contrast well. I'll link some pictures of the samples after i get them.

Thanks
Brian