General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

DIY ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 07:21 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough
Default DIY ideas?

I'm looking for a summer project (or projects) since I'm out of school for good, I'll have lots of free time (of course, I gotta look for a job). Anyone got ideas for my blaz?

I'm gonna paint the wheels/front bumper/trim black and finish up adding red trim to the doors. Anyone got ideas?

Old 02-18-2010, 08:22 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

follow me on this...
hole saw, $30, Home Depot snorkel...

go junkyard cruising and find some: brush guards/light guards/roof rails/tow hooks/skid plates/overhead console upgrades/camaro rims/tow hitch reciever <-- refinish them and slap them on.

that should keep you busy for a few days

DIY a light bar

DIY my truck projects

DIY interior trim panels

Old 02-18-2010, 09:05 PM
Starting Member
taba5 is on a distinguished road

DIY all clear headlights, its not hard AND you practice your baking skills

Old 02-18-2010, 09:08 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road
Old 02-19-2010, 12:59 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ABN31B
follow me on this...
hole saw, $30, Home Depot snorkel...

go junkyard cruising and find some: brush guards/light guards/roof rails/tow hooks/skid plates/overhead console upgrades/camaro rims/tow hitch reciever <-- refinish them and slap them on.

that should keep you busy for a few days

DIY a light bar

DIY my truck projects

DIY interior trim panels
Ya that should keep me busy xD

Originally Posted by taba5
DIY all clear headlights, its not hard AND you practice your baking skills
I wish, but I dunno if that's legal in NY (no orange on the corners, but I probably could since I have the bumper lights)

i'll prob be getting junk yard parts for the rear bumper (upgrade to 08 bumper) if only I could find a junk yard lol

Old 02-19-2010, 01:16 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I don't see the "off road" look being applicable to Craigs Blazer though. Not with the running boards and other accessories he has. His Blazer does not have an off road look to it in the least bit. I wouldn't recommend getting a brush guard or roof baskets or anything like that. I just think it would look out of place on a "grampa blazer" (no offense to you Craig...your Blazer does look nice, it's just a Grampa vehicle with the running boards). I could see doing roof lights though, but they're not usually cheap.

How about devoting all your time to finding a job first, then start planning projects once you have income? There's not much you can do without a job and no money...just my . Get your priorities in order dude. Your 17 right? That's a year thats gone by that you could have been working and saving for your truck. Hell, even if it's @ rotten ronny's flipping burgers, it's still income.

Old 02-19-2010, 01:18 PM
BF Veteran

an 08 bumper....

as in grade 8 bumper hardware or an '08 trail blazer's bumper

or someother thing along those lines?

also when should i expect you in for the DIY my truck projects?
and i can help on the job hunt too... i've got like 150 or some crap that i could point you too

*EDIT*
@ Sisk:

Last edited by ABN31B; 02-19-2010 at 01:21 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:27 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

lol...thansk for the ROFL copter Curtis. I wasn't trying to be a douche...so sorry if I came accross as one. I was just saying you should really think about getting a job first. Once you do that the possibilities are endless since 90% (if not more) of that income is expendable cash when you're that age. Hell, I wish I was 16 again with no bills lol. I had soo much money I didn't know what to do with. Set me up to buy my own home at 19 though, and have my own vehicle too.

Old 02-19-2010, 01:40 PM
BF Veteran

damn man, i got the wrong job as a kid then....

i washed dishes/ran a drive through at a rotten ronny's *lol btw* for enough cash to cover my insurance and fuel for the Nova.....

I guess i could have lived in the back seat and had my own home and vehicle too.....

wtf high school job did you have? plastic surgeon?

Old 02-19-2010, 02:33 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ABN31B
damn man, i got the wrong job as a kid then....

i washed dishes/ran a drive through at a rotten ronny's *lol btw* for enough cash to cover my insurance and fuel for the Nova.....

I guess i could have lived in the back seat and had my own home and vehicle too.....

wtf high school job did you have? plastic surgeon?
I worked at the local nursery hauling rocks for ponds... and then for the gas dept. I got like up to 100 hours every two weeks with an average of 88.... that was blown in the first year of college though...

Quick Reply: DIY ideas?