General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Do yall like that feel?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 12:07 AM
vastick is on a distinguished road
Default Do yall like that feel?

hey yall Im new to the forum but I just wanted to see if anyone else loves droping in that new air filter and feeling the pinned up power youve been missing out on.

Old 03-18-2011, 11:40 AM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

If your old filter is really dirty than yes it does seem to make a bit of a difference.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:26 PM

Yeah mine was so dirty it looked like i took it to a mud hole and tossed it in and then used it for a fly swatter

Old 03-18-2011, 07:38 PM
JandL_03 is on a distinguished road

Did you clean out the entire housing then? Lol

Old 03-18-2011, 07:41 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

I use a K&N that gets cleaned every other oil change

Old 03-18-2011, 11:08 PM

yeah i did guess thats wat i get for cruising dirt roads and splashing mud over the hood

Old 03-19-2011, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by vastick
yeah i did guess thats wat i get for cruising dirt roads and splashing mud over the hood
I live on a dirt road and mud bog in mine. Thats why I have a K&N, lol.

Old 03-20-2011, 04:30 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

i didnt think the k&n was worth it, no difference. even if it had better air flow, computers not tuned for it. and the cleaning kit is $20 and you get 2-3 uses out of it, and if your cleaning it that often your actually hurting its performance, according to k&n anyways. I remember reading that, in the jist of it, a partially "dirty" k&n air filter will help filter more particles from the air. Not to mention the oil thats coating your maf sensor and collecting dirt.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:06 PM
zr2dan is on a distinguished road

I just always blew my filter out with a air compressor and used the oil about once a year

Old 03-21-2011, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by blazinloud
i didnt think the k&n was worth it, no difference. even if it had better air flow, computers not tuned for it. and the cleaning kit is $20 and you get 2-3 uses out of it, and if your cleaning it that often your actually hurting its performance, according to k&n anyways. I remember reading that, in the jist of it, a partially "dirty" k&n air filter will help filter more particles from the air. Not to mention the oil thats coating your maf sensor and collecting dirt.

I live on a dirt road, the filter gets dirty as crap in the summer. The cost on buying one K&N compared to being nickle and dimed to death every time I would have to buy a paper filter made it worth it to me in savings alone. Plus the simple fact I don't have to drive 30+ miles to go get a filter or keep a spare one in stock. When I clean my filter it needs it so I'm not hurting anything and if you are only getting 2-3 uses out of the cleaning kit you are over using the soap and oil. Over oiling is the problem people have with the maf sensor if the oil is coming out the back of the filter you are prolly using 3 times the amount of oil you actually need. I've ran K&Ns on all kinds of GM products from a 78 nova to a 2004 GMC and have not had the first problem with them.

Quick Reply: Do yall like that feel?