General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Does anyone have a cb?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 08:45 PM
Idriveachevy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Does anyone have a cb?

If anyone has a cb radio, where do you have the transciever mounted, mine isnt bolted in yet, its just sitting in the console. also, where do you have your antenna(s), mines in the back seat waiting to be mounted

Old 11-13-2007, 12:02 AM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Does anyone have a cb?

I want to get one, but I want a small enough transciever to fit in where the factory tape deck was, and then was going to mount a custom antenna mount out in the back right where the glass portion of the tailgate meets the body of the truck (probably only works if you have a liftgate, the ledge right below where the rear liftgate struts mount when the rear liftgate is open (like right above the taillights)).

Old 11-13-2007, 05:55 AM
hunt n fish is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes. Cobra 29LTD

It's not mounted inside yet. I'm just gonna bolt it to the side of the console. My antenna is on a magnetic base, and it's mounted right in the middle of the roof just infront of the rack. I've seen guys with their antenna's mounted to the rear tire rack before.

Old 11-13-2007, 12:11 PM
SD40T2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes I have several ranging fromUniden PC78LTWto a Galixy DX33HML but the size of your radio will determine where you mount it, a Uniden Pro520 can fit just about anywhere whereas a Cobra 29 mounting options are limited due to the size of the radio. I would recomend running your power directly off the battery, not fusebox and run your ground to the frame this will eliminate most of the electrical noise in the vehical, you will also need to make sure the "match" between radio and antenna is good, bigger radios such as the Cobra 29's have built in meters to check this otherwise you will have to find someone who has a SWR meter. a bad "match" will affect how well the radio will transmit and receive, a real bad "match" will damage the radio. I drive for a living( reason I have so many radios) and have installed dozens of radios so if you need some help just ask.

Old 11-13-2007, 12:18 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont have the factory tape deck console in my blazer so i just have more or less a collection bin type area that normally just collects crap. So i cleaned that out and with the included bracket for my cb, bolted it down there. Fits pretty nicely and i like it. If you are looking to do the same, most small cb's from cobra, uniden,and radioshack work well. Unfortunately my cb just died about 3 months ago. I can recieve just fine but anytime i transmit it just makes a garbled squeal. I only paid $20 at radioshack for it so not a big deal but i gotta get a new one eventually.