General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

dont do it :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2012 | 08:45 PM
KM346 will become famous soon enough

^ agreed tinkering with things keeps your mind sharp. Rebuilding the engine in my 97 taught me a lot, and now 4 years later there's really not much i haven't touched on these trucks.

Owning one is definitely a love hate relationship... but if you repair / upgrade a few of their common issues they are a great truck. I own two and often think of buying a third, but i have issues.

Last edited by KM346; 10-29-2012 at 08:52 PM.
Old 10-31-2012 | 12:03 AM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

my 93 has been the most trouble free truck i have ever owned. for the first 2 years it gets put on the trailer about twice a month beat to heck for about 8 hrs then parked and neglected. same thing with my fullsize 1990. had that for a few years too. never left me stranded if you fix the stuff you see going wrong with it before it breaks

Old 10-31-2012 | 01:21 AM
Toby Hanson will become famous soon enough

My sister owned three Camrys and each one of them threw a rod because of the horrible oiling problems in the older Toyota V6es. Meanwhile, though I've had to fix my Blazers and Jimmys when they have had problems, they're mostly reliable and not too difficult to work on. Anything mechanical will need repairs and maintenance, especially older vehicles. I've been nothing but impressed by the service and reliability I've gotten from my Blazers and Jimmys. They're not perfect but they're about the best trucks I could imagine. My '93 Jimmy is now nearly twenty years old and has never left me or my wife stranded anywhere.

Old 10-31-2012 | 10:56 AM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by KM346
^
Owning one is definitely a love hate relationship....
Gosh you couldn't be so true mine just hasn't showed me any love yet LOL.

Old 11-03-2012 | 10:33 PM
Starting Member
BresBlazy will become famous soon enough

Ive replaced my injector and gaskets, window and auto doorlock fuses 5 times, cap and rotor, pcv plus hoses, radio, all three o2 sensors, spark plugs and will be replacing my cracked radiator this weekend...people keep asking why i don't just get rid of it...i just can't..my blood, sweat and tears are in that truck, she's paid off...she's like and old friend...you may hate them at times but deep down you love them!

Old 11-04-2012 | 12:10 AM
Starting Member
Jase1979 is on a distinguished road

Don't get me wrong I love mine to, but it is a 1998 with 298000K and in the 2 years I owned it I have close to $9,000 invested which does include things that were not necessary to keep it alive, but I do feel SOME peoples pain because they can be a expensive vehicle to keep on the road, working as a mechanic for the last 15 years there is a lot of cheaper 4wd vehicles on the road and they have a lot less maintenance cost / issues, but ALL vehicles have there problems and if you like your vehicle like I do you will pay what ever it takes to keep it. Mine now needs the injector upgrade, it is going to cost me about $500 just in parts, and when the money comes in it will be done because I love driving it! If you don't want it don't drive it LOL !!

Old 11-04-2012 | 08:44 PM
okiedoak20 will become famous soon enoughokiedoak20 will become famous soon enough

Lol, and i thought mine was the only one with problems, i have replaced everything that spins, rotates, moves or has some other workings, been the most expensive POS money pit i have ever owned, but.... still cheaper than a car payment.... and true 12 years old and enginge has a cold start knock in it
so stuff is going to go wrong

Old 11-06-2012 | 09:45 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Since I tossed all the electronic crap of the '00 Jimmy engine I put in my '89 S10 Blazer, there hasn't been one breakdown yet ... aside from some oil leaks I should have repaired the FIRST time I installed the engine ....

It's amazing how truly reliable these engines are once you get rid of all the modern electronics & emissions crap.

Old 11-10-2012 | 01:28 PM
|
Beginning Member
24cito24 is an unknown quantity at this point

this is what we need! people to show there love for the blazers thats all we need ! keep them fix them love them!

Old 11-10-2012 | 01:56 PM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

It's amazing how truly reliable these engines are once you get rid of all the modern electronics & emissions crap.
I like the 95 and older engines espeacily the throttle body engines.Very easy to work on,very reliable

Quick Reply: dont do it :(