General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Door sagging

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2021, 06:32 PM
Beginning Member
joe1981 is on a distinguished road
Default Door sagging

Where would be the cheapest place to order new bushing’s and door pins to repair my sagging door?

BTW it’s a 2005 Jimmy 2 door. Door in question is the drivers side.

Last edited by joe1981; 03-28-2021 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Forgot something
Old 03-28-2021, 08:15 PM
Beginning Member
vanr is on a distinguished road

I have a set floating around..let me see if it is still complete

Old 03-31-2021, 04:57 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

You will want to buy or rent the spring compression tool to do the job.

Old 04-04-2021, 09:45 PM
Beginning Member
vanr is on a distinguished road

I have checked all over, the only thing I found from the kit, was the bushings..I will keep looking

Old 04-06-2021, 10:44 AM
Starting Member
Joe Stewart is on a distinguished road
Default Door hinge pins and bushings

Originally Posted by joe1981
Where would be the cheapest place to order new bushing’s and door pins to repair my sagging door?

BTW it’s a 2005 Jimmy 2 door. Door in question is the drivers side.
Im in the process of buying them as I type this.
There is a tool available to compress the spring as well

If these are not the correct ones for your truck ( mines a 2003 with a single pin top and bottom, the top one has a spring right under it ) just search amazon. Youll be surprised what you can find there for the vehicles

Heres a link to the pins
Amazon Amazon

Last edited by Joe Stewart; 04-06-2021 at 10:46 AM. Reason: left out a line
Old 04-06-2021, 12:30 PM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

If you don't want to do the job again in the near future, you should be looking for the best ones, not the cheapest. The price difference between the cheap Chinese ones and the factory originals just isn't that much.

Old 04-06-2021, 01:24 PM
Starting Member
Default cheap vs good and cheap

Originally Posted by Tom A
If you don't want to do the job again in the near future, you should be looking for the best ones, not the cheapest. The price difference between the cheap Chinese ones and the factory originals just isn't that much.
I agree with you that looking for the best parts to not have to do the job again is a good policy. I read reviews but I also know that AC Delco makes a TON of parts overseas, China is a big supplier. It is what it is. Trying to get away from parts made in China, Vietnam etc is near impossible. It sucks for sure. I had bought a brand new HHR for my daughter years ago. 3 complete brake jobs within 10K miles, the rotors were Chinese steel. I sued under the lemon law and won.

I had the hinge pins replaced before by a body shop. Supposedly OEM pins. Lasted one year. I'll do them myself this time, I was too sick back then and had more important things to do, like trying to survive Covid.

Old 04-06-2021, 02:33 PM
BF Veteran

Parts can be manufactured in China to any price point or quality standard. There is definitely a wide range. But that was only an example, anyway. I'm just saying the bitterness of poor quality lasts much longer than the sweetness of a low price.

Old 04-06-2021, 06:47 PM
Starting Member
Default the bitterness of poor quality lasts much longer than the sweetness of a low price.

Originally Posted by Tom A
Parts can be manufactured in China to any price point or quality standard. There is definitely a wide range. But that was only an example, anyway. I'm just saying the bitterness of poor quality lasts much longer than the sweetness of a low price.
That is 100% true Tom. I had a manufacturing facility there for LED lighting specific to the coral reef hobbyist, this was before the market got flooded, they were special...designed by me and built there by a young guy who had a factory as my partner. WE chinced on nothing. Every component was top of the line that we could get, the LED drivers were manufactured by Meanwell. The housings were custom made designed aluminum to avoid rusting out and to help dissipate heat. The LEDs themselves were Cree.. The controller I designed to make the lights simulate sun up sun down right on through the spectrum and based on the solar-lunar tables for a specific area. Everything to mimic nature which the corals , which are living animals not plants as many think, thrived under those lights.
Top quality, I did very well with them shipping all over the world, sorry got off the track here but essentially cosigning your opinion. This was a great comment you made.

"The bitterness of poor quality lasts much longer than the sweetness of a low price."

Be cool

Old 04-07-2021, 07:12 AM
BF Veteran

Glad I could contribute something worthwhile.

Last edited by Tom A; 04-07-2021 at 07:16 AM.