General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

ever had a chain reaction of problems at once in your blazer like this one?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 11:39 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about
Default ever had a chain reaction of problems at once in your blazer like this one?

This happened years ago in my 1st 91 s10. It had horrible electrical hacks that the previous owner did,and i was 17 with little car experience.

I had just got my foot in the door with a mechanic in a small shop. He was letting me hang around and learn how to do things. I helped him out a little in trade. Well, His wife had his car and i gave him a lift in my blazer. It was a stormy day. We were on the way back to the shop from the store and it started pouring down the rain...like seriously pouring and windy. Well,while driving through it He was looking at my tailgate lock button under the radio..the label was worn off,and he wasn't sure of what it was. I had never used it either since i didn't have the blazer for more then a few weeks prior to this. He pressed it...what happened? we heard "pop,pop,bam.pop" and it was blowing all kinds of fuses. We lost windshield wipers,headlights,abs rawl,gauges,and radio,while on the interstate. we got off the highway and looked around at the fuses. i didnt have any. we ended up slowly driving on the side of the road the rest of the way to the shop. well,I rolled down my window and it fell off track and fell into the door and shattered. so,the windshield was fogged up,pouring on us in the blazer and cold. We got it all fixed later though,but the wiring. so I just pulled the latch switch and vowed to never touch it again.

No idea how i thought about this. it just kinda popped out of my memory bank lol. fun day.