General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Fire extinguisher

Old 02-21-2008, 08:27 PM
jimmyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fire extinguisher

anyone have one like this mounted in the cab area of your truck?

http://www.higherpowered.net/jimmy/docs/fire.html

jimmyboy

ps this jimmy is pretty sweet

Old 02-21-2008, 08:33 PM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Fire extinguisher

I plan on mounting mine next to the floor console on the pass side so if i need to get it in a hurry its right there..I have the same extinguisher

Old 02-21-2008, 09:01 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

Dad has a marine extinguisher in the Jeep, but thats only because of his crappy wiring . I think it would be a good thing to have anyway, whether you do offroading or not. We've had to put out a grease fire on the frier outside and used the one out of the boat because it was easier to get to and cheaper to use than the one in the house.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:28 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

You need a Halon fire extinguisher for a vehicle. I'm sure the real fire guys will jump in here, but 1) ABC fire extinguishers will eat away at your engine block in the event of an engine fire and total the vehicle anyway (+plus the danger factor and extinguisher cost), 2) the fuel lines run at 60 psi, if the fire eats into that, your a couple of feet away from a rather significant explosion, 3) in the event of an interior fire, youre gonna cover yourself with ABC powder which burns like nothing else when you breathe it in!

Halon is vehicle safe (it will replace the O2 in your lungs so you still can't breathe it..), but the safest thing is just get away from your truck and let the fire guys and insurance take care of it.

As for carrying it onboard for camping/offroad sites/general safety, I guess that's a good idea..but to me not worth the 20 lb projectile in the event of an accident.

Just a thought.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:01 PM
Jigg is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 02-21-2008, 10:07 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Jigg are you using QuickFists to hold those extinguishers up?? I see em on the Hi-Jack!

Those suckers are amazing, I've got quite a few in my garage and the blazer [8D]

Old 02-21-2008, 10:16 PM
Jigg is an unknown quantity at this point

In the picture, no. But now, yes. I just started carrying 3" wide ones, they're perfect for those extinguishers.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:24 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

Pretty cool setup jigg, I like it!!

Old 02-21-2008, 11:36 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

I have mine mounted under the rear seat in my first gen. Only problem is having to remove it to fold down the seat. Having seen the pics of how those are mounted, I might change it.

edit: Are you using 2 or 1 of those quick fists to hold them in?

Old 02-22-2008, 01:00 AM
BF Veteran

Hrm..that mounting location could get dangerous for us 4-doors. At least our passengers, anyway

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fire extinguisher