General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Firewall/dash measurements

Old 08-06-2013, 08:51 AM
Crackers is on a distinguished road
Default Firewall/dash measurements

I'm still in the planning stages of my Rambler/Blazer hybrid and right now I'm trying to decide on building a custom dash or modifying the stock dash.

I want to put all the factory Blazer climate controls into the AMC but I need to know how deep the dash is from the front of the gauge bezel to the firewall. Also from the firewall to the wheel hubs.

I'm planning on putting the Blazer firewall into the AMC to simplify the parts swap. But I think either the dash has to move back or the firewall has to move forward, or both.

I have to get some other stuff sold before I can buy the blazer, but in the mean time I'd like to get started stripping down the AMC body. I kind of need those measurements so I know what needs to be cut away, any help would be appreciated.

Also if anyone has pictures of the engine bay with the front clip removed that would be great. (Ideally with engine out also)

I'm looking for a 2nd gen 4 door. The first gen blazers and ZR2's have too short of a wheelbase. Second gen blazers have an almost identical footprint to the car I'm putting the parts in. Although for this purpose the measurements could come from a s10.