General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

fixing my horn part II

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 04:26 PM
Starting Member
woodsballr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default fixing my horn part II

ok so i got the horn button and everything but theres so many wires under the dash that i cant find the one for my horn. (the clip that holds the horn wire broke and it receded into the steering cloumn) so i was thinking that since im 2 months past my inspection i would try another approach and splice in my new horn button on the engine side of the firewall and run it back through. the problem is i dont know what my horn actually looks like. can someone give me a general idea of what to look for? thanks in advance.

Old 12-07-2007, 05:05 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: fixing my horn part II

idk about the older k5's but in our lil blazers, the horns are inside the front fenders

Old 12-07-2007, 05:11 PM
Starting Member

where specifically? left fender, right fender? and what does it look like? is it a box? i really need to get this fixed before iget another ticket that i have to pay for. thanks already though.

Old 12-07-2007, 05:13 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

there are two horns. one in each fender

they look kinda like this

Old 12-07-2007, 05:29 PM
Starting Member

ok thanks you very much. you hopefully just saved me from a ticket.

Old 12-08-2007, 03:27 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

If I can remember tomorrow I'll take a look at mine, I think you're looking for a green wire. The wire should have power to it, so if it's grounded the horn should honk.
You should be able to locate the wire at the lower section of the steering column at the connector.
If you have a test light, probe the wire terminals to see if the horn honks. You shouldn't blow any fuses if you use a test light.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2910/48CE4C48C0F240B9A043EAC17DDBDFCA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-10-2007, 12:16 AM
Starting Member

thanks a lot Chevy Lover! that will save me a lot frustration i hope. the last time i asked someone told me it was black so i spliced the button into the black wire and pressed it and turned on my wipers. lol. then i realized there were about half a dozen mor black wires so i temporarily gave up. however now i will definitely get it fixed. again thank you!!