General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Get a lift....Fat chicks can't jump! (huge post)

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 07:22 PM
willjones is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Get a lift....Fat chicks can't jump! (huge post)

I am also looking into some nerf bars to try and mask some of the frame that sticks down alot stock not to mention with a bodylift.

Old 03-18-2008, 08:20 PM
Taymacjack is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: navyblue_sk8er

Taymacjack- I think they just hope you don't know and try to get money off you. Umm. when I did my kit there was welding involved for the front shock relocaton brakets. But now as a_tack said "Rough country just redesigned that 2" lift with re-angled upper control arms.Kit now comes with new ball joints and no need for a shock relocation bracket. The kit is now completely bolt on... no welding, drilling, etc...". I think you may run into a problem with makeing the fuel servicing line work with 3" blocks. But you can just go and get your own sized hose somewhere.

thegr81- Yeah I'm down for pics whenever. Just pm me sometime to figure it all out

94blueknight- Nerf bars would definantly help that but I'm not sure I'm to into them. Plus I'm 6'2" and don't really need them.
How about the shift linkage? did you run into any problems there? I got a Performance Accessories Bl and they say you wont need to do any welding. But some say they had to do some welding when it came to the shift linkage. Im not sure if they were doing the lifts to blazers or not, but i just wondering what you had to do.

Old 03-18-2008, 08:38 PM
navyblue_sk8er is an unknown quantity at this point

Negative, definantly no welding involved for the Body lift. I have no problem with shift linkage at all. Not sure if it would causea problem with you if you went 3" though.

Old 03-18-2008, 08:42 PM
Taymacjack is an unknown quantity at this point

sweet im glade to here that. thanks for the help.

Old 03-18-2008, 08:46 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

looks sweet. is that the biggest tire you could fit?

Old 03-18-2008, 08:49 PM
navyblue_sk8er is an unknown quantity at this point

Umm kind of. They are 32x11.5 and I still had to trim a bunch for them. Pretty much my backspacing is what is holding me back. I think I have either a 4" or 4.5" backspacing.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:30 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

ORIGINAL: navyblue_sk8er

94blueknight- Nerf bars would definantly help that but I'm not sure I'm to into them. Plus I'm 6'2" and don't really need them.
i wasnt sayin all for purpose. when i do my 3" BL i was thinkin of gettin some just for looks. plus u could get em in black to be less noticable if u wanted

Old 03-18-2008, 11:30 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

ORIGINAL: Taymacjack

How about the shift linkage? did you run into any problems there? I got a Performance Accessories Bl and they say you wont need to do any welding. But some say they had to do some welding when it came to the shift linkage. Im not sure if they were doing the lifts to blazers or not, but i just wondering what you had to do.

That is on the 1994 and ealier (first gen) s-10/blazer... I believe the 1995+ (2nd gen) is a cable, not an actual linkage so to speak.. so there is no modification required

Old 03-18-2008, 11:39 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

wait so a_tack r u sayin i'll have to mod my linkage when i do my 3" BL?

Old 03-19-2008, 01:13 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

I will pm you when I get some stuff on my list finished here soon, so It will look better!!

Quick Reply: Get a lift....Fat chicks can't jump! (huge post)