General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Get a lift....Fat chicks can't jump! (huge post)

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 01:16 AM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of
Default RE: Get a lift....Fat chicks can't jump! (huge post)

ORIGINAL: 94blueknight

wait so a_tack r u sayin i'll have to mod my linkage when i do my 3" BL?
yes. I would highly reccomend sending a PM to Hanr3... he has done the 3 inch body lift on your body style blazer and can give you more in-depth details.. I believe the kit comes with the linkage extension but does not come with bumper lift brackets.. you have to fab your own or mod your current ones. Shoot him a PM and he can fill you in!

Old 03-19-2008, 01:17 AM
Taymacjack is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: a_tack

ORIGINAL: Taymacjack

How about the shift linkage? did you run into any problems there? I got a Performance Accessories Bl and they say you wont need to do any welding. But some say they had to do some welding when it came to the shift linkage. Im not sure if they were doing the lifts to blazers or not, but i just wondering what you had to do.

That is on the 1994 and ealier (first gen) s-10/blazer... I believe the 1995+ (2nd gen) is a cable, not an actual linkage so to speak.. so there is no modification required
Thanks for the second input. One less thing to worry about when i do the lift...

Old 03-19-2008, 01:18 AM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

Welcome!

Old 03-19-2008, 01:26 PM
Zasder is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a quick question...

some of you said your balljoints were claimed "bad" but then checked by urself and were good...

May I ask how you checked your ball joints?

You can only jack up the truck on 1 side at a time, and you cant relieve the pressure of the trucks wieght on that wheel...

Old 03-19-2008, 02:41 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

What do you mean that you can only jack up one side of the truck at a time???

Here is what I do. Jack up the front by placing the jack under the cross member just behind the front air dam. Support it with jackstands to the frame, not the suspension. You should now have both wheels on the ground and no tension on the wheels.

Lower Ball Joint:
Take a long 2x4 (I still have the one I used on my Bravada and it was around 5' long) and put it under one of the wheels with the 2x4 on edge (long sides are vertical) using it as a lever. Lift and watch the lower ball joint. If you see the steering knuckle move, but not the lower control arm, ball joint is bad. Repeat on the other side.

Upper Ball Joint:
Using a long pry bar, pry up on the upper control arm, trying to separate it from the steering knuckle. If movement is observed, ball joint is bad. Repeat on the other side.

Pretty straight forward and easy to do.

Old 03-19-2008, 05:03 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

who really wants fat chicks in their ride?