General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

GMT-360 likes and dislikes

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 08:56 PM
Starting Member
kevlar974 is on a distinguished road
Default GMT-360 likes and dislikes

Bought an 2003 Olds Bravada a few months back and overall I like the new platform.
The turning radius is probably the best of any Chevy I have owned.
Better power and accelleration than my 2000 Blazer and 1 MPG better as well.
Rear air ride is nice probably expensive to fix in the long run.
Fog lamps that really work no need for aftermarket replacements.
Did some routine maitnance:
Spark plugs are so easy and they are all you need, no wires no cap no rotor no distributor.
Serpentine belt, same as always
Tranny filter not bad but why do they always hang various things off the side that keep you from putting the pan back on straight up without having to fight a heat shield or linkage bracket.
Nothing to put a grease gun on. (did I miss something?)
Where is the MAF? I wanted to clean it and was expecting it to be before the throttle body.
The air filter housing doubling as the washer fluid reservoir was intresting if I fill it with ice cubes would that count as a cold air intake? lol.
Oil change wasn't bad but the whole oif filter location and the little drain cup funnel above the skidpan just makes a mess.
Fuel filter was a better design quick connect fuel lines and a bleeder at the filter to dump the pressure and not get sprayed in the eyes.
Interior:
Would rather the trip info MPG and range were still overhead and the cruise was on the wheel instead of the turn signal stick.
Single wipe contol is a little slow to react I like a bump and go.
Window controls are mounted in a little water catching panel and with florida rains its impossible to get in and out without them getting wet and the water running down into the electronics.
Seats don't wrap around you like the blazer so I slide around a bit in the turns. (yeah I'm a skinny bastard)
Like the e-brake handle rather than a pedal (Batman turns )
The air compressor in the cargo area is a nice touch haven't needed it yet.
God bless whoever put the rear air in, not only does it make the back seat passengers happy but it cools the whole truck down faster.
And you can still sit in the passenger seat with a rear facing child seat behind you. (major reason for my purchase new daughter coming in Dec.)

Old 09-22-2011, 07:11 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I really enjoyed my '04 Rainier, but it didn't handle my camper all that well. Power wise, the 4.2L I6 is phenomenal, but the rest of the truck wasn't heavy enough and the camper played with the truck.

The MAF sensor wasn't added until '05.

Old 09-22-2011, 09:12 AM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

I have been thinking about selling my truck and I have a very diverse list of next vehicles on it. Bravada or Trailblazer is one lol. Not to mention the I6 sounds great with an aftermarket exhaust.

I like the GMT360's even if they allegedly got a bit soft. But that means it would ride a whole hell of a lot better.

Glad you like it!

Old 09-22-2011, 08:22 PM
Starting Member

ride is definately softer and quieter
thanks for the heads up on the MAF Swartlkk

Old 09-27-2011, 09:30 AM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Being the owner of both a 2nd gen Blazer and an Envoy XL I can say they are both great but I am biased. The Envoy is definatly more refined and a better driver and the power is not bad either. I have found that the Envoy and Trailblazer have gotten a bad rap for some early concerns but the 2 that I have had ( 1 leasedand the 2nd leased and then purchased) have been great. I even take the XL out on the beach with no problems. The only problem I have with them is that GM canceled the line which I think was a mistake ( I sell new GM cars) and we are loosing sales to the other brands that offer 4wd. Another nice thing is the aftermarket is starting to support some parts to mod them. Some day I would like to do this to my wifes XL, its even the same color.

Attached Thumbnails GMT-360 likes and dislikes-lifted-blue-envoy-xl.jpg  
Old 09-27-2011, 08:42 PM
Starting Member

That Envoy looks nice jacked up.
I want an Envoy rear bumper for my bravada so I can use the backup light location for work lights.
I have heard they sound pretty good with a glasspack too.