General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

god help!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 10:19 PM
bzwick is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry god help!!!!!

i have 2 issues that seem to be getting the best of me with my 05 trailblazer.#1. my pass power window suddenly stopped working,so i started to dig and try and find out what went wrong? i started at the motor and hot wired it and was able to get it to go down and up,ok so i know the motor is good.next i went to the pass mod and unplugged it then jumped the orange "hot" to the lt bl wire and it went down just fine,then i went to jump the tan wire with hot for some who may not know is the 2 wires that hooked directly with the motor, but it did not respond what so ever? correct me if im wrong but i think it has to do with the tan wire as being my problem. #2 fuel gauge,yeah its all over the place,,,, but i noticed recently it wont bottom out when power is cut off, at first i should be around a 1/4 of a tank and it read 1/2 after the key was out? i also saw that the oil gauge was not bottom out either,so i cycled it a few times and now the oil gauge works just fine as far as i know and the gas gauge reads at 1/4 of a tank when turned off.sounds like a cluster or a bad ground could be the cause of both of these issues since they happened about the same time. is this a known issue? HELP PLEASE!!!!

Old 03-16-2013, 10:24 PM
Beginning Member
kcb37 is on a distinguished road

Check the tan wire for continuity from the pass mod to the motor.
If you have a multimeter this is the one that makes the beep when you touch both lead together. If it beeps your good.
If not and you have a test light, try putting power to one end and putting the test light on the other end.

The gas guage I would guess the guage itself. More specifically the stepper motor.

Old 03-17-2013, 06:27 PM
bzwick is an unknown quantity at this point

stepper motor? i have dmm and after messing with the window alittle more i found that the wires from the switch at the plug are just fine,but i would love to say its just the switch but still alittle hesitant on buying stuff without being 100%sure. now trying to ohm the switch i have alot of Resistance when hooking from where the power contacts the switch to both of the tan and lt blue contact the switch. and when moving the switch i get zero ohms what so ever,so would this be enough to convince you the switch would be bad?