General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Good news, Bad news!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 01:22 PM
LuvMyTJ is on a distinguished road

Nice seats! I would love a set like those for my black on black Blazer.
The guys on "Trucks" (Spike TV) painted seats one time. Came out great! It is more of a stain than a paint. Gotta see it to believe it. You could also dye it.

Old 11-01-2009, 01:30 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road
Wink

Originally Posted by kiwiblazer
Swap is really to be able to replace the broken driver seat recliner handle. Unlike you guys in the States they're not readily available here AND, there's a good chance the next one will break.
Seat covers thing was a joke

Also if you are only going for a recliner handle fix why not just click this and have your problems be solved....
BTW where in american can we get those readily available? other than the internet, I haven't see 'em. And i need 2!

Old 11-03-2009, 02:36 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Yea, I knew you were kidding about the seat covers. LOL

As for the fix you refer to, I've got the replacement handle but this handle is a wee bit too long & every time I got in or out of the truck it presses down on the forward/backward seat switch. Sometimes keeping the switch in the "on" position & thereby draining my battery. Believe me I know! I had spent over 700 bucks at the auto electricians testing to find what was draining my battery. they eventually traced it to the retained accessory power relay & then to this switch & found the lever JUST touching it keeping the circuit open all the time.
NOT to mention of course that the battery supplier replaced the battery twice during this time thinking they had dud batteries. (They never believed it but replaced them anyway).

So after work today I swapped out the seats & they don't look half bad. Given that the seat switches are grey they look ok.

I've also organised a set of door panels from the same Blazer to get the top half (leather). This I'll also leave in tan & that should help tie the Tan & Grey together.

If this doesn't work I'll get it stained in a charcoal colour.

Not bad so far. Seats $0.00 (swapped out for my spare set of rims & old BFG tyres) Door panels $100.00 They charged 'cause they could have sold them complete with the doors.

They had bought the red Blazer to strip for parts. They had a customer who wanted a V6 & wanted to be assured that it was running good so they took it for a test drive around Auckland, went back to the shop & stripped the truck. (115K kms on it!)

Anyway, check out the pics & tell me what you think.

Sorry about the long post.

Attached Thumbnails Good news, Bad news!-p1010002.jpg   Good news, Bad news!-p1010003.jpg   Good news, Bad news!-p1010004.jpg   Good news, Bad news!-p1010005.jpg   Good news, Bad news!-p1010011.jpg  

Old 11-03-2009, 09:41 AM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

doesnt look bad at all. You could also dye the leather on the door panel. which would probably be easier to do.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:58 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Hmmm....it definitely doesn't look bad. The colors match quite well actually. I personally wouldn't want the difference in my truck...just because I have OCD lol. But it looks good. Besides...who can complain about getting FREE leather seats!? I vote for keep em.

Old 11-03-2009, 11:11 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Thanks Alex. I'm pretty sure I will eventually make them all charcoal. Just a questiom of cost.

Trucks due for it's WOF this month so I need the cash to get her serviced & tuned for the next 6 months. That'll probably cost me 7-800 bucks. LOL

By the way, Whats OCD?

Ken

Old 11-03-2009, 11:22 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

He actually means CDO, lol, obsessive compulsive disorder... people who are neatfreaks beyond belief... google MONK USA and watch an episode of that guy...

Old 11-03-2009, 12:02 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

looks good Ken. Actually doesnt stand out too band, and it lightens up the interior. If you go with the tan door panel, get some tan visors, and a tan cargo cover that will actually turn out fairly cool looking. It sets off the outside black out with a clean light leather inside.

I would have to see it in person, but it's not bad looking at all. dye if you wish, but you might just get used to it

Old 11-03-2009, 02:00 PM
Taymacjack is an unknown quantity at this point

kiwi
i picked up some leather seats that were light gray and i dyed them gm color "graphite"

Its super easy and it only cost me 50 bucks.
You can get an entire kit for 50 bucks at leathermagic.com

http://leathermagic.com/Pages/lthrrecolrkit.htm

you can even select the exact GM color so it matches perfectly. The kit comes with instructions too. I did this about a year ago and my seats are still looking good. Please dont spray paint your seats...lol

Old 11-03-2009, 03:24 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kiwiblazer
Thanks Alex. I'm pretty sure I will eventually make them all charcoal. Just a questiom of cost.

Trucks due for it's WOF this month so I need the cash to get her serviced & tuned for the next 6 months. That'll probably cost me 7-800 bucks. LOL

By the way, Whats OCD?

Ken
As lorton mentioned below OCD is Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. It's defined as: "a mental disorder characterized by intrusive thoughts that produce anxiety, by repetitive behaviors aimed at reducing anxiety, or by combinations of such thoughts (obsessions) and behaviors (compulsions).". In short it's people that require things to be a certain way and obssess over them. Most common example would be a neat freak. Mine is fairly mild and comes in phases. There are times when it is really really bad and I have to have my home spotless at all times and everything has to be in line. I could get anxious or irritated really easily when it's bad at stuff like pictures hanging crooked, or rugs/mats not being aligned etc. That is my most extreme though. It will last for a couple of days and I can get really bad anxiety attacks and then it passes, It doesn't come around that often. My main thing related to OCD though is normally having to have stuff perfect or all matching, which is why I don't think I'd like the tan seats in my truck...it wouldn't match lol. I get it from my Mom who has it worse then me, I guess I just got it from growing up and having to have everything clean at all times.
I've learned over time to be able to control it and I'm pretty good at it now. I can control the "urges" or anxiety fairly well, although there are times when it can really get to me.
But I could go on for a while about my OCD. That is a topic for another thread though.

Quick question for you though...whats a WOF? Would it be the equivalent of our MVI (Motor Vehicle Inspections) up here?

Originally Posted by wlorton
He actually means CDO, lol, obsessive compulsive disorder... people who are neatfreaks beyond belief... google MONK USA and watch an episode of that guy...
lol. Another good show to look up if you're more interested in it kiwi would be Obsessed which was on A&E for a while. Intervention on A&E also touches on OCD every once and a while.

Originally Posted by Taymacjack
kiwi
i picked up some leather seats that were light gray and i dyed them gm color "graphite"
Its super easy and it only cost me 50 bucks.
You can get an entire kit for 50 bucks at leathermagic.com

http://leathermagic.com/Pages/lthrrecolrkit.htm

you can even select the exact GM color so it matches perfectly. The kit comes with instructions too. I did this about a year ago and my seats are still looking good. Please dont spray paint your seats...lol
Any Taymac those turned out REALLY nice. You wouldn't even know they were tan to begin with. I never knew you could stain/paint seats...especially leather. Learn something new everyday lol.

Last edited by Sisk; 11-03-2009 at 03:27 PM.

Quick Reply: Good news, Bad news!