General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

got christmas money now what to do with it

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 10:42 PM
Starting Member
bowshooter1 is on a distinguished road

i got myself some christmas money from myself of course and im just trying to decide what to do with it id like any ideas of good things to do to my blazer and i figured yall would be the ones to ask. i sold an 87 s10 for 700 dollars so thats my budget plus im getting money for new rims for christmas from the family. i already know im repainting it and lifting it but i cant decide between some other small stuff or hid's. give me some ideas please.

here is a link to my flickr so you can see what i starting with

http://www.flickr.com/photos/blazerboy2011/sets/72157628532888555/

Last edited by swartlkk; 12-23-2011 at 08:28 AM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:27 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

You can upgrade your interior lights to led's? Including hvac controls, gauge cluster, map lights, dome lights etc.

Brushguard? Bull bar? bumper lights? upgrade sound system? Spare tire carrier on the back? Upgrade tow hooks to tahoe tow hooks? cb radio and antenna? I'll think of some other stuff a little bit later probably.

Last edited by tibby; 12-23-2011 at 02:29 AM. Reason: Add more content
Old 12-23-2011, 09:01 AM
Starting Member

thanks for the ideas ive seen people put the blue overhead lights and blue underdash lights in where would i get those? as for the bumper and brushgaurd thing when i got in a crash it destroyed my bumper mounts so now ive already got a 20 foot stick of tubing and im gona make a tube bumper with a small stinger on it. im thinking about getting the tow hooks ive seen that one and its a pretty good cheap upgrade. ill be putting 2 hid lights on my front bumper so i kinda wanted to match it with my headlights. any suggestions on hid's? and i just took off my spare tire carrier and am shaving the holes after christmas break is out. now i got to find something to do with that lol.
again thanks for the reply.

Old 12-24-2011, 03:12 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

I'd go for a bumper (even a custom built one)

Old 12-24-2011, 06:25 PM
Starting Member

thanks thats what im planning on i already got the tubing and stuff for the bumper so i dont have to pay for much when it comes to the bumper

Old 12-27-2011, 04:43 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Cool, post pics when you make it

Old 12-28-2011, 01:07 PM
Starting Member

i will definetly post pics when i make it. well i just spent 450 dollars of my money, i ordered new rims. here is the link to where i bought them theyre sposed to be here tomorow. Detroit Wheels 174-5861B Ion 174 Series Wheels

Last edited by bowshooter1; 12-28-2011 at 01:14 PM. Reason: adding image
Old 12-28-2011, 01:50 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Very nice!

Old 12-28-2011, 03:52 PM
Starting Member

do you think they will look good im going with a black and chrome kinda thing so thought they would. im painting it black after christmas.

and i forgot to mention i found a zr2 in the junkyard yesterday so i scavenged everything i could off of it. it still had flares and everything but i couldnt get them off but i did get all but one of the aluminum skid plates that i will be going back for later and im gonna get the t- bars out of it cuz mine are sagging.

Last edited by bowshooter1; 12-28-2011 at 04:01 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:38 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by bowshooter1
do you think they will look good im going with a black and chrome kinda thing so thought they would. im painting it black after christmas.

and i forgot to mention i found a zr2 in the junkyard yesterday so i scavenged everything i could off of it. it still had flares and everything but i couldnt get them off but i did get all but one of the aluminum skid plates that i will be going back for later and im gonna get the t- bars out of it cuz mine are sagging.
I wonder how hard it would be to get the t-bar out off a zr2 at the yard. I also have a zr2 at the local yard near me, but the fender flares are all crap. It still have the t-bar, didn't check for it really last time.

Quick Reply: got christmas money now what to do with it