General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Got in a crash

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 09:36 AM
Karcinagin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Got in a crash

~7:40am going to school. Going ~50mph, guy tunes left and did not see me, I t-bone him.
Everyone is ok, and oddly I was out before the guy in a Cadillac deville.
Will see what insurance want to give for blazer but I have alot of good parts and blazers are fairly cheap.
Engine shut off but radio was still going
PICS:
Hooked a door skin.

Frame bent right behind the pass side A arm

Old 11-10-2011, 09:40 AM
m3ch is on a distinguished road

damn, good thing every one is okay, ive seen alot of people get hit like that and get hurt realllllly badly

Old 11-10-2011, 10:12 AM
gatorboy44 is on a distinguished road

Dang i'm glad you're alright

Old 11-10-2011, 10:36 AM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Glad everyone is ok! And I'm sure Insurance will give you enough to get another Blazer. Just make sure to pull the parts you wanna keep now... because sometimes insurance agencies won't let you keep the vehicle after they deem it totaled.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:51 AM
Karcinagin is an unknown quantity at this point

Got a feeling I wont be able to get what it's worth, so might end up keeping it and getting a new to me blazer, maybe even a zr2. Luckily dad has extra vehicles so don't have to deal with getting a vehicle really soon, or a rental.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:52 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Your headlight seems to be in good condition.

On to serious notes,im glad your alright.

Question guys? Ive never totaled a vehicle and kept any parts etc. I had the mindset that when you total the car/truck etc that you cant remove anything? So if i totaled my blazer tonight,i could pull the engine and still beable to get the same amount of money i would have before hand? Do they take the car away or do you get paid for the loss and still keep it?

Old 11-10-2011, 11:21 AM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

I think it depends on the agency. I've never been in a wreck so I'm not sure how it works. I'm pretty sure that you can take things out that you bought for it... like stereo equipment, GPS. Maybe even anything that you have a receipt to say that you bought it after you bought the vehicle.

Old 11-10-2011, 11:36 AM
gatorboy44 is on a distinguished road

You can remove personal things or accessories, not anything like the engine unless you buy it back from the insurance agency(That is if they total it, but generally if an airbag blows they will consider it totaled)

Old 11-10-2011, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by gatorboy44
You can remove personal things or accessories, not anything like the engine unless you buy it back from the insurance agency(That is if they total it, but generally if an airbag blows they will consider it totaled)
I know right. I can just see me bumping into someone and getting a dent and being told its totaled just cause its so old and the "cost" of repairing the dent outweighs the value of the truck.

Old 11-10-2011, 11:41 AM
EricR is on a distinguished road

Holy cow, I'm glad you are ok. 50MPH? That's insane, I've seen the crash test results at 60 for a blazer and I have to say I'm impressed with the real life result, much better than I would have expected. But once again glad you are ok.

Quick Reply: Got in a crash