General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Got in a crash

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 11:42 AM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Woah! Good thing you were alright. You can replace a Blazer not a person. Looks like you tore up that Caddy, too.

Do you have the Brazilian tail lights? Nice. I know it's off topic but were you able to wire the turn signals to the right spot?

Old 11-10-2011, 03:30 PM
Karcinagin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cbr995
Do you have the Brazilian tail lights? Nice. I know it's off topic but were you able to wire the turn signals to the right spot?
Correct, had to get extra set of reverse turn light sockets and grind one of the pins on them to fit the taillights, and taped the front turn signal wires and ran wires all the way to the back, then taped the 3rd break for the stop.

Old 11-10-2011, 03:51 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

glad your alright the blazer looks totaled

they will let you keep it but they will deduct somewhere around 500 bucks or more from the money youll be getting

Old 11-10-2011, 05:13 PM
stevo is an unknown quantity at this point

wow glad you are ok, looks like it flipped pretty slowly to not damage the side more then it did

Originally Posted by EricR
Holy cow, I'm glad you are ok. 50MPH? That's insane, I've seen the crash test results at 60 for a blazer and I have to say I'm impressed with the real life result, much better than I would have expected. But once again glad you are ok.
it kind of depends on the way you hit the other car, and how big the other car is. here is a pic of the crash we were in at 55 mph and we t-boned a minivan that ran a redlight

Last edited by stevo; 11-10-2011 at 05:15 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:24 PM
Starting Member
Blazer_LT is on a distinguished road

well as far as insurance goes. some companies will let you buy it back and deduct some kind of value out of what they give back to you. and on the what they let you keep. you have to look at the estimate they write out. personal items are yours to keep. but if they estimate it with a cd player hope your stock one has a cd player. and so on.

i just totaled my truck a few weeks back thats where i learned all that. (how i got my lil blazer)

on another note glad you are ok. you sore at all man lol

Old 11-10-2011, 08:12 PM

Just a bit sore on the neck and knees oddly, going to doctor tomorrow just cuz.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:59 PM
Starting Member
Blazer_LT is on a distinguished road

good good. i didnt get checked out and didnt claim mine as i didnt know i was messed up. should have gone to the doc and got checked out and now my shoulder is super messed up. totaled my z71 going 20 lol. sad sad day

Old 11-10-2011, 09:58 PM
FsTFwRd is on a distinguished road

It's good everyones alright! Sorry to see your Blazer like that, It looked like a nice one
Now is the perfect time to keep it and turn it in to an off road machine

Old 11-10-2011, 10:25 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

buy it back, if it still runs and drives just hack off the front end and make a offroad truck out of it. i wrecked my 90 fullsize, they gave me 2000 for it ( i only paid 300 for it) put a junkyard front end on it and still driving it. i was able to buy it back for something stupid, forgot the exact number but it was like $220. i could have scrapped it and made twice that

Old 11-10-2011, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by abig84
buy it back, if it still runs and drives just hack off the front end and make a offroad truck out of it. i wrecked my 90 fullsize, they gave me 2000 for it ( i only paid 300 for it) put a junkyard front end on it and still driving it. i was able to buy it back for something stupid, forgot the exact number but it was like $220. i could have scrapped it and made twice that
That would be nice, I got time and the space for it, kinda want to drive it around like that to get the WTF looks.

Quick Reply: Got in a crash